Sr Financial Analyst
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. With hundreds of pharmacies
across the country, a career with Genoa Healthcare means you're
part of changing the lives of those with behavioral health and
other complex conditions. People with serious illnesses - and those
who care for them - have incredibly moving stories, and at Genoa we
are their partner. We partner with community-based providers and
others so they get the right medications and are able to follow
their treatment plans. We are part of OptumRx (and UnitedHealth
Group), which is a leading information and technology-enabled
health services business dedicated to making the health system work
better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with
Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best
work. SM Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in the Financial Planning and Analysis
department that serves all operational and administrative
departments across the company.
- Develop, create, and maintain financial models for future
projections and forecasting in order to propose business
- Work directly with management and business partners to help
inform and provide insight to influence decision making.
- Analyze big complex data and extract valuable insights in a
compelling summarized view to present to management.
- Preform trend analysis to identify unique outliers or
indicators of changes within the business.
- Provide project cost analysis to determine various financial
metrics to measure viability.
- Provide business leaders with financial support in investment
decision making (ROI, cost comparisons, valuation, etc.).
- Work closely with management to develop and maintain financial
- Supporting role in the annual budgeting processes and quarterly
- Assist with end of month financial close variance review, as
well as financial and operational metric reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations (both internal and
external) of financial and operational business results and
analysis for the Executives, Directors, and management.
- Ad hoc financial and operational analysis and duties as
neededEducational or Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related
demonstrable business concentration.
- Minimum of five years work experience in an analytics role for
financial reporting and/or business analysis required; within the
health care field highly desirable.
- Minimum of two years work experience within a Financial
Planning and Analysis or Corporate Finance department.
- Certified Corporate FP&A Professional (FP&A--)
designation or other certifications (CPA, CFA, CMA, etc) highly
desirable, but not required.
- Experience with Anaplan highly desirable, but not
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis concepts
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with
a diversifiable group.
- Excellent communication: written, verbal, and presentation
- Self-sufficient and able to take initiative for projects
- Advanced level knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office
- Experience with Financial Planning or Performance Management
system preferredPhysical Demands: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stands, walks, lifts and carries up to 30 pounds at one time,
bends, turns, stoops, kneels, climbs, and uses many physical
motions in performing day to day activities; finger dexterity,
gripping, eye-hand coordination, visual acuity. Work Environment:
- Work areas may include: noise generated from telephones,
computers/printers, and verbal communication, subject to many
interruptions and to multiple demands.Diversity creates a healthier
atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a
drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test
before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Renton , Sr Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!