Customs Entry Writer
Company: OEC Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
What we're looking for...
- We are looking for an Import Entry Writer who will be
responsible for creating and transmitting entries for import
shipments. Our ideal candidate is someone with 1-3 years of entry
writing experience and familiarity with U.S. Customs
- OEC Group's Customs Brokerage Department is primarily
responsible for the timely submission of entries to U.S. Customs in
order for freight to be released.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight
forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan,
as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches
throughout Asia, North America, and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a
strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our
customers with import and export services, as well as, door-to-door
services for both international and domestic needs. We remain
competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services,
including: ocean and air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing and
distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and more.
About the Position Duties and responsibilities include the
following (other duties may be assigned):
- Prepares customs entries for all import shipments to be
submitted to and released from U.S. Customs in a timely
- Ensures that all entries are properly classified by using tools
such as company profiles, CROSS (Customs Rulings Online Search
System), Internet and communicating with the Importer of
- Create invoices for duty and entry charges to be sent to the
- Develop and maintain customer profiles based on the customer's
shipment history. Coordinate with customers to classify new
commodities per according to HTS.
- Answer any Brokerage related inquiries internally and
Renton Office 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and phone
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
- Exceptional customer service skills and follow up
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge or coursework in Supply Chain, Logistics and or
International Business a plus
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group:
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day
introductory period the employee is provided with the following
benefits package. This includes:
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental and
Vision) - Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation/ Personal/ Floating Days
- Biannual Performance Review with opportunities for mid-year
salary adjustment and year-end bonus (contingent upon company
financials and on-the job performances)
- 401K Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a
well-established company that is continually growing and looking
for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team
dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building
activities! Here at OEC we identify the following to be our 5 main
- Community: OEC is a family-oriented company, and we value our
employees' efforts to help grow and support one another as a
- Teamwork: We work together to support each other's successes,
interests and goals by sharing knowledge and resources.
- Customer Experience: We focus on helping both our internal and
external customers succeed, acting in our customer's best interests
while striving to understand their needs and exceed their
- Work Ethic: Passion is at the heart of OEC. We hold ourselves
accountable in our everyday work, and we strive to do the best we
- Innovation: We believe innovation is essential for growth.
Continuous improvement will bring OEC and our people to a better
OEC Group has implemented a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all
employees and new hires. After receiving a conditional offer, OEC
Group will request proof of vaccination or an upcoming scheduled
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit for long periods of time, and requires the ability
to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: OEC Group, Renton , Customs Entry Writer, Advertising , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!