Localization Editor II (LATAM Spanish)
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International The Pok--mon
Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon Company in
Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for
brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pok--mon Trading Card
Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official
Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today
is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in
the world. Learn more online at and on Facebook (), YouTube (),
Twitter (), and Instagram (). Get to know the role
- Job Title: Localization Editor II (Latin-American Spanish)
- Job Summary: The Localization Editor (Latin-American Spanish)
is a core member of the Editing team. This position works closely
with fellow editors, translators, project coordinators, and members
of various departments on all editorial facets of Pok--mon
products. This includes maintaining factual accuracy, brand
accuracy, and impeccable grammatical standards for the Pok--mon
Trading Card Game, animated series, movies, official website, apps
such as Pok--mon GO, and other materials in the localization
editor's language of expertise. This requires high-level knowledge
of the grammar and vocabulary of the language of expertise,
including slang, phraseology, and other nuances.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No What you'll do
- Translate, edit, review, and proof a variety of company-wide
- Edit for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and slang.
- Ensure consistency in style and terminology.
- Adapt European Spanish text information to suit the needs of
various audiences in the Latin-American markets.
- Review, revise, and proofread soft and hard copy.
- Collaborate with fellow editors, along with various other
department members, such as translators, designers, and project
- Report regularly on project status and progress to the Manager,
Localization Editing (Latin-American Spanish). What you'll bring
- Two (2) to four (4) years of related professional
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field of study, or equivalent
years of work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to translate, edit, revise, or rewrite
text-based content in language of expertise.
- Must be detail oriented, with proven experience in handling
multiple simultaneous projects, including publishing under regular
- Native-speaker level in language of expertise and fluency in
English are required.
- Able to work flexibly in an environment that features tight
deadlines and shifting schedules.
- Ability to learn how to use specialized technical programs
- Must be a team player with exceptional communication.
- Pok--mon brand knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of SDL Trados is a plus.
- Experience in the gaming industry is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- All applicants must provide a cover letter (approximately 250
words in Spanish appropriate for Latin-American markets) along with
their r--sum--. This will be a qualification for the role.
- All selected applicants must complete an aptitude test and an
interview test to measure their skills. How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience. What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $73,000.00 - $109,000.00. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. For this role, new hires generally start between $73,000.00
- $86,450.00. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of
their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For
roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to
work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to
arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates
to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland.
However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may
consider supporting an employment permit application, in
appropriate and suitable cases.
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Localization Editor II (LATAM Spanish), Advertising , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...