Company: DHL Global Forwarding
Posted on: January 7, 2021
JOB TITLE: AIRFREIGHT MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: RENTON, WA
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and
information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing
air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and
dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche
Post DHL, the worlds leading logistics provider with operations in
over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at
We have an exciting opportunity for an Airfreight Manager to
oversee the timely and accurate movement of air freight shipments
and documentation. This position will be based at our Renton, WA
* Responsible for Air Freight product profitability including
continuous improvement processes to increase efficiencies, reduces
waste, and improve performance to our customers
* Supervisor and control ground cost margins and prepares monthly
activity / revenue reports.
* Prepares and provides customers and overseas offices with rate
* Leads related vendors to ensure the highest level of service is
achieved as well as assists and answers customer inquiries and
other related customer service functions
* Responsible for the accuracy of invoices, bills of lading,
shipping statements, and the achievement of key performance
* Assists in annual budget preparation for area of
* Supervises staff, responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and
* Maintains employee records and completes yearly employee
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
* 8+ years experience with Air Freight operations, strong
preference to freight forwarding industry
* Minimum 4 years of leadership experience
* P&L management and reporting experience required
* Process Improvement and process reviews experience required; Six
Sigma a plus but not required
* BA/BS preferred
* Working knowledge of TSA requirements strongly preferred
* CargoWise (CW1) experience is a plus
* Dangerous Goods / Hazmat certification a plus
* Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power
* Strong leadership, communication and presentation skills
WHY JOIN OUR DHL TEAM?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its
employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people
from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique
international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help
you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy
work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation,
incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
* Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
* Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
* 401K plan with a match
* Employee Discount plan
* Tuition Assistance Plan
As the worlds leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of
interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different
divisions around the globe. Our performance management system
supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your
performance, and continuously planning the development of your
career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility
and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global
market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is
to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think
of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
* The largest global network with more than -30,000 passionate
* The most efficient processes and fastest response times
* The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living
ABOUT DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight
services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight
services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of
all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions
span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor.
They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the
brokerage of transport services between customers and freight
carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes,
purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network
utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of
routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the worlds leading logistics
provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career
site on the web at
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.WE EVALUATE
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX,
SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY,
VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally
authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for
which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need
sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not
eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO
Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: DHL Global Forwarding, Renton , Airfreight Manager, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!