Manager, Account Management II
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 8, 2021
- Responsible for the direction and
continuous improvement of the Account Management team, ensuring the
achievement of financially sustainable membership growth, retention
and revenue goals while providing the highest levels of customer
satisfaction. Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight
of their respective market segment, including the development and
execution of retention, marketing and growth strategies. This
position also has responsibility for supporting the company's local
presence and strategy by becoming involved with key organization,
committees, and influences within the area of responsibility. Coach
and develop the Account Management team in developing and executing
against defined metrics regarding account management plans,
in-group growth and retention, and monitoring of key business
performance metrics to drive business results.Essential
- Manages the efforts of direct and indirect reports, and
collaborates with, provides guidance to and influences employees,
clients and matrix partners.
- Sets and prioritizes team objectives and contributes to
individual department's tactical execution of strategy.
- Plans and establishes a course of action for team or unit;
establishes priorities to accomplish goals, allocate resources and
- Responsible for selecting, developing, and deploying staff in
the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives.
- Responsible for performance management, compensation decisions,
rewarding and recognizing employees, and providing on-going,
regular performance feedback.
- Effectively leverages KP's Manager Coaching Program to support
team development and excellence.
- Formulates moderately complex, effective strategies consistent
with the business and competitive strategy of the organization and
functional area. This may include analyses of competitive products
and services, pricing support activities, advertising strategies,
market size and potential, short and long term growth forecasts,
and account management and sales processes and techniques.
- Provides input, with regional and MSBD leaders, in the
assessment, development and execution of business and market
segment plans, including forecast and target setting
- Anticipates business, marketplace and competitor dynamics and
develop/implement strategies the ensure growth and mitigate adverse
- Collaborates with Business Line Leaders across the Enterprise
to measure and lower acquisition costs through the implementation
of best practices and shared services.
- Responsible for leading efforts to maintain connectivity and
resolve issues through regional infrastructures to focus on
presenting One Kaiser to our customers.
- Implements strategies to improve regional performance, reduce
regional variation, and aligns resources to successfully deliver on
customer needs and expectations.
- Builds effective channel strategies and relationships,
specifically with key consultants and brokers.
- Recommends changes in policies and procedures to achieve
customer and KP goals.
- Collaborates on the development and execution of all strategic
and tactical plans to achieve growth potential and optimal business
partnership in each account.
- Develops and implements comprehensive account plans to meet the
overall business objectives for membership, revenue and
- Accountable for ensuring budget for department/team stays
allocated budget/costs targets.
- Assists in the development, population, and maintenance of
program and/or region-wide relevant data and information, including
competitive data, LOB financials, and ad hoc reporting.
- Ensures a high level of service is provided to group customers
and their brokers, agents and advisors.
- Ensures and provides required documentation that account
management activities and staff are operating as 100% compliant per
state and internal regulatory guidelines.
- Continuously improves tools, technology, and processes to
- Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in sales, marketing,
business development, or account management of which two (2) years
must have been spent in a direct management capacity or two (2)
years of demonstrated leadership experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of the above experience in the
healthcare or insurance industry or sales related
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business
administration OR four (4) years experience in sales, marketing,
business development, and/or account management.License,
- N/AAdditional Requirements:
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication
- Experience in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and
- Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to
interact and influence senior leaders.
- Strong analytical ability, with ability to design, track, and
work toward specific measurable performance targets for self and
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of health care industry and local
markets for managed health care products.
- Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and
regulations related to health care.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitor's strengths,
weaknesses and strategies.
- Washington Disability insurance license required within 90 days
of hire date.
- If Occupational Health, no license requirement.Preferred
- Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a
demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.PrimaryLocation :
Washington,Renton,Renton Administration - BakerHoursPerWeek :
40Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon - FriWorkingHoursStart : 8:00
amWorkingHoursEnd : 5:00 pmJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type :
StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
NUE-WA-04-NUE-Non Union EmployeeJob Level : Manager with Direct
ReportsJob Category : Sales and MarketingDepartment : Large Group
Account ManagementTravel : Yes, 5 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is
an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Renton , Manager, Account Management II, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!