Director of Medical Management
Company: CareNational Healthcare Services
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Director of Medical Management - Inpatient/Outpatient
Renton, WAJob Summary:
Responsible for the work flows, procedures, and clinical tools used
for integrated health medical management operations including
utilization management, complex case management, disease
management, and wellness activities. Leads the ongoing management
and operations of these processes and will collaborate with the
Chief Medical Officer as needed in functions that pertain to these
- Develop, lead, coach and support a management structure that
enables the achievement of business objectives, including optimal
utilization of human and financial resources. Foster a work
environment that supports teamwork, open communication and
engagement. Establish and communicate standards of performance,
provide timely performance feedback and assure accountability to
the established expectations. Sponsor/lead change and improvement
- Lead and direct the Care Management operations of assigned
Partner Hospitals. Collaborate with service line leaders for
specialty services, primary care, urgent care, pharmacy,
laboratory, behavioral health, ancillary service and business
operations to assure that all services within the Partner Hospitals
are aligned with the needs of our patients. Assure that the medical
center provides quality care, access, and service within available
budgeted funds and in a way that results in a consistently superior
customer experience. Resolve system issues within and across
- Participate in the development of strategic plans. Lead the
implementation of strategic plans, annual goals, work plans,
policies and budgets services. Communicate and model the vision of
the organization, division/subdivision, and/or district. Establish
and communicate program direction. Link budget decisions and
resource allocations to strategic initiatives.Background Profile:
- BSN or MSW with WA current unrestricted state license as
Registered Nurse or Social Worker.
- Master's degree in health care, business, or social work
- 5+ years' clinical experience in a high acuity setting.
- 6+ years' experience in Case Management, Utilization
Management, or other operations for a Managed Care Organization
(Health Plan, IPA, HMO, TPA, etc).
- 7+ years previous management and supervisory experience, in
roles of increasing responsibility, which included hiring and
- Strong computer proficiency (MS Office and Healthcare IT
Systems) and typing skills are necessary.
- Able to transform assignments from high-level objectives into
independently established detailed goals.
- Knowledge of utilization management, quality improvement,
discharge planning, and cost management.
- Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating
and interpersonal skills.
- Travel within the State of Washington, approximate 10%.
Keywords: CareNational Healthcare Services, Renton , Director of Medical Management, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!