Director of Manufacturing
Company: Omron Automation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Work at OMRON!Omron is a leading global manufacturer of
industrial automation products focused on sensing and control
technologies. Omron Automation has locations in Renton, WA,
Chatsworth, CA, and Amherst, NH where we design and manufacture
technologically-complex electronics that are used in industrial
automation applications by manufacturers across the globe.
At Omron Automation, our culture is one where you have the
empowerment to drive results through collaboration while working
hands-on with cutting-edge products. Our company has a strong track
record of innovation, and a record of accomplishment of developing
successful products for the global market.
Omron Automation is a subsidiary of Omron Corporation, an $8
billion global technology company celebrating more than 80 years of
success. Join us in our mission to Improve Lives and Contribute to
a Better Society.
Omron Automation is seeking a Director of Manufacturing to work at
the Renton, WA facility. This person will direct and manage plant
assembly and test operations with overall responsibility of
Production. With the ultimate goal of creating a world-class
manufacturing process, the Director of Manufacturing will be
responsible for meeting production and profitability goals by
translating product line forecasts into a build and resource plan
to effectively manage production resources. They will drive
continuous improvement and optimization of all processes and
production related activities ensuring policies and procedures are
followed with a focus on improving productivity, efficiency, and
quality. In addition, they will define goals, improves
technologies, and resolves problems in conjunction with managers of
Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Supply Chain.
Finally, the Director of Manufacturing will be responsible for
staffing, budgeting, and the selection of personnel for employment
and performance management for their departments.
Our Commitment to Employees:
- Training and Career Development Program to give employees a
learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to
help build their career at Omron.
- Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation,
immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue
Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Community Awareness that includes activities with local
non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
- Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible
Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
- Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional
Learning Sessions, On Site Flu shots and Health Screenings.
- Direct and manage plant operations and monitor performance for
production and quality standards.
- Provide strategic direction for manufacturing operations in
support of the overall corporate strategy.
- Coordinate plant activities with departmental managers to
ensure manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while
minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals
- Develop and implement operating metrics and standard operating
procedures designed to eliminate problems and improve production
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital,
operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Lead change within the organization to adapt to customer needs
and to take advantage of new opportunities to provide products and
- Oversee budget, ensure projects are closed on time and on
target, delivering support for new product development and develop
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable law, including interviewing,
hiring, and training employees
- Periodic and ad hoc reporting of the department's activities,
KPI and the progress of goals and plans
- Plan, assign, and direct work; to include appraising
performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing
complaints, and resolving problems
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Engineering
or related field, with a Master's degree preferred
- Ten years of management experience in high-change environment
with a demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and motivate a
Manufacturing team within a global technology company
- Proven track record of project management, team leadership,
problem solving, risk mitigation and budget adherence for multiple
- Demonstrated ability to tactically execute OAA's strategic plan
for Manufacturing within an effective and timely manner
- Proven comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the
production organization concerned with the assembly and processing
operations to include a thorough understanding of manufacturing
related policies and procedures, and quality requirements.
- Documented knowledge expert of Quality Systems and Standards
for an electronics manufacturer
- Demonstrated strong fundamental understanding of manufacturing
processes and production environments including a thorough
understanding of quality and customer requirements
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a Six Sigma Champion
- Ability and willingness to travel 5% of the time
Omron is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we
comply with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Omron Automation, Renton , Director of Manufacturing, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!