Verizon Senior Manager - Device Identity Access Management - Bellevue, WA
Posted on: November 16, 2022
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Are you excited about working on leading-edge applications and
platforms and collaborating with various organizations as part of
the next-Gen 5G journey? The Device Technology team under
Technology & Product Development organization is looking for a
Senior Managerwho is a self-motivated, innovative, out-of-box
thinker and a team player to lead theIdentity Access Management
team . Theteam is chartered in leading the development and
implementation of various device technologysolutions securing
customers with user-centric experience; and driving device
requirements, strategy for Public Safety andRegulatory Wireless and
Enterprise Services for 4G and 5G networks. This thought leader
will drive the innovation and development of identity products
around new technical concepts for various application frameworks
for 5G network services architectures by partnering with multiple
This individual will manage a diverse team and mentor and grow the
next generation of Verizon leaders. In this position, you will
manage a team responsible for engineering revenue-generating
products and services for the Identity Service segments in
partnership with enterprise and consumer business groups. To design
best-in-class solutions, you will evaluate next-generation
technology, existing deployments, competitive trends, and business
drivers. You will make vendor selections and own the vendor
relationship, including contract negotiations. You will lead a
diverse team of engineers responsible for the service deployment,
including concept formulation, technical requirements, testing and
troubleshooting, cross-functional coordination/leadership, and
ongoing SME support.
You will recognize and capitalize on areas of strength, and in
areas of opportunity, you will foster improvement and front the
team to promote success. You will need to understand company and
organization priorities and navigate cross-functional dynamics for
the team to be effective.
- - Lead the development of standards, design, and deployment for
authentication, authorization, and privacy of devices/applications
(Android and ios).
- - Managecustomer-facing identity and authentication platforms,
(e.g., FIDO and Identity Management Server).
- - Leverage modern best practices and trends such as Zero Trust,
Biometrics, EAP, and FIDO while being able to address a broad set
of requirements, not just security but also scalability and
- - Architect enterprise-scale IAM systems making sure aspects like
development, systems integration, and business needs are aligned to
- - Influence the roadmap for IAM technology and enhance the
customer experience for various VZ services securely without
compromising user privacy.
- - Lead the device requirements and architectures for priority
services and ensure it meets the FCC mandates for Wireless
Emergency Alerts (WEA), RTT, and other Public Safety and Security
- - Manage customer-facing identity and authentication platforms,
e.g., FIDO and Identity Management Server.
- - Responsible for evaluating access management systems reflective
of continued improvements of provision processes and
- - Leading in developing standards, design, and deployment for
authentication, authorization, and privacy device technologies.
- - Work with Network Planning and other stakeholders to represent
and drive standardization work in 5G, Web Auth/FIDO, and GSMA
working groups. Help formulate the vision and influence the device
- - Emerging Technology Evaluation and Innovation in areas such as
Identity, FIDO (Fast IDentity Online) Authentication; Behavior
/biometric technologies, device authentication/application
authorization, OpenID and 3GPP SEAL functional model, and 5G system
service-based architecture for authorization.
- - Lead developing of new products, supporting marketing and
product development for Identity Products and Device/Services/User
authentication and authorization.
- - Supports all access management control activities across all
- - Evaluates existing access to ensure access levels remain
commensurate with job responsibilities.
- - Vendor and Budget Management.
- - Interactwith cross-functional teams.
Where you'll be working---
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- - Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- - Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- - Knowledge of Cybersecurity architecture and associated
technologies with a focus on Identity and Access Management
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- - Master degree with device cyber security experience.
- - Background in IAM product development, device, application and
network security authentication and access experience
- - Experience managing a team.
- - Experience with Mobile Device, 4G/5G network and services
architecture, FIDO, EAP and Identity and authentication and
- - Knowledge of wireless and broadband technology standards (e.g.,
3GPP, ATIS, CTIA) and application.
- - Proven success in leading diverse teams.
- - Presentation skills.
- - Experience with vendor management.
- - Knowledge of the competitive landscape and demonstrating a firm
understanding of the upcoming technology marketplace.
- - Experience presenting to leadership and technical
- - Ability to be motivated, self-sufficient, self-starter who is
comfortable standing programs from the ground up and taking the
initiative to drive projects to resolution.
- - Systems engineering experience.
- - Wireline, Wireless Telecommunications, Network and IT industry
- - Experience deploying large and small projects with components
from all aspects of the business.
- - Knowledge of 5G architecture with special emphasis on the MEC
from Identity and authentication perspective.
- - Experience in managing customer facing products / services.
- - Knowledgeof identitying and authentication landscape from both
consumer and business point.
- - Organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- - Ability to work with and communicate with people of various
knowledge levels from the very technical to the casual user.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides
reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g.,
for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be
provided during the hiring process.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Identity and Access Manager, Location:
Renton, WA - 98055 , PL: 551741528
Keywords: Verizon, Renton , Verizon Senior Manager - Device Identity Access Management - Bellevue, WA, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!