Localization Project Manager - Japanese
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Associate Project Manager (Bilingual
Job Summary: The Associate Project Manager (Bilingual
Japanese/English) will work with the parent company and project
stakeholders in Japan, US and Europe to ensure the smooth and
timely localization of Pok--mon mobile/console games within desired
timeframe with maintaining its quality. This position requires
excellent coordination and communication skills in both English and
Japanese. Facilitate localization process, build and drive project
schedule, accomplish tasks throughout project by working closely
with internal and external project team members.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you'll do
- Manage coordination among relevant entities throughout the
videogame localization process and content updates after the
- Ensure to provide localization deliverables timely by
coordinating with team members and stakeholders.
- Support operation tasks by communicating with the relevant
internal and external teams.
- Manage communications and scheduling of internal
- Work as a main contact of localization, maintain and promote
excellent relationships with developers and business
- Ensure prompt and accurate communications with understanding
Japanese and American business cultures.
- Seek to optimize and simplify workflow with a focus on
continual improvement. - - - - - - -
What you'll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of project management
- Bachelors degree required.
- Video game localization experience.
- Experience presenting in both Japanese and English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of localization issues and
- Ability to manage time efficiently and ability to organize work
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments, balance priorities
and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under
- Strong team player in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Profile: Localization Specialist (IC2)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Localization Project Manager - Japanese, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!