Project Manager, Pok-mon Center - Japanese
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Project Manager
- Job Summary: This role will organize, manage, and deliver
projects/programs for the organization.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you'll do
- Act as a liaison between TPCi and TPC regarding Pok--mon Center
product creation, development, and importing.
- In general, this role is: 60% project coordination, 30%
translation (both email communication and document), 10% admin
duties. Please note these are estimations.
- Coordinate product development/sourcing of products including,
but not limited to, plush and figurines with TPC and other
- Assist and manage any project-related issues that arise by
investigating, resolving, or escalating.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships across the
business units and all levels of the organization.
- Provide translation of documents, emails and presentations in
both Japanese and English.
- Communicate daily with internal and/or external partners via
video calls, project management software, approvals software, and
- Assist in the development of process documents, tools, and
training materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize and archive product samples.
- Perform other administrative duties consistent with position as
assigned by manager. ---
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What you'll bring
- 2 (two) to 3 (three) years of related professional
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required.
- Japanese speaking and writing ability at native level.
- Familiarity with Japanese business protocol.
- Ability to communicate professionally in English.
- Having a general knowledge/understanding of 3D products
development, including material constraints and general timelines
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about
the project or product being developed.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Proven experience in handling multiple simultaneous
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel,
PowerPoint, Microsoft Word.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Graphic design experience is a plus.
- Interest in animation, video games, and/or trading card games
is a plus.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $70000.00 - $105000.00. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint
of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Project Manager, Pok-mon Center - Japanese, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!