Manager, Localization Editing - 12-Months Fixed Term
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International The Pok--mon
Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon Company in
Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for
brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pok--mon Trading Card
Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official
Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today
is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in
the world. Learn more online at and on Facebook (), YouTube (),
Twitter (), and Instagram (). Get to know the role The Manager,
Localization Editing possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
Capable of inspiring confidence and forming strong professional
relationships within and outside of their language team, the
successful candidate will prove to be helpful, respectful,
approachable, and team oriented, as well as skilled at creating a
positive work environment.
The Manager, Localization Editing is comfortable with and capable
of overseeing, assessing, and organizing the daily workload of a
team of localization editors in a fast-paced work environment.
The Manager, Localization Editing demonstrates a keen eye for
organization and precision. As they are required to lead and
motivate their language team, as well as communicate effectively
with a series of internal and external teams, excellent project
management and communication skills are required for this role.
The Manager, Localization Editing is responsible for ensuring
accuracy of information, adherence to house style, and maintenance
of brand accuracy in all materials for their language team. The
highest quality standards must be met under firm deadlines with a
range of partners inside and outside the company The successful
candidate is comfortable being the go-to person for all
localization queries concerning their language team as well as
delegating task responsibilities while remaining accountable for
the outcome of the delegated work.
The Manager, Localization Editing is a brand ambassador who
understands the essence of Pok--mon and its core pillars, and who
demonstrates the values of friendship, community, and good
- Job Title: Manager, Localization Editing
- Job Summary: Provides leadership, direction, and oversight of a
team of editors who translate, review, proofread, edit and rewrite
media content copy.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: Yes What you'll do
- Manage both people and products; fulfill managerial duties such
as project and people management, including hiring, training,
performance evaluation, and other duties as assigned.
- Manage the editorial activities of a team of localization
editors working on diverse projects for multiple channels.
- Interact daily with other teams and departments in Seattle and
in the company's UK and Ireland offices.
- Provide regular progress reports and updates to in-house
management and stakeholders.
- Evaluate the performance of a team of localization
- Interview and hire localization editors on an as-needed basis.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years of editing or localization experience publishing under
- 1+ year of people and project management experience and the
demonstrated ability to handle simultaneous tasks in an organized
- Leadership experience a plus
- Superior eye for detail
- Excellent communication and project management skills,
including the proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous
- Experience in working with a team of editors and localization
professionals in multiple languages
- Demonstrated experience using MS Word, Excel, and specialized
technical programs, plus a ready facility with learning new
- Adaptive skills for working in an environment that features
tight deadlines and shifting schedules
- Previous experience in the gaming industry a plus
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience. What to expect
- An employee-first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $104,000.00 - $156,000.00. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint
of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
- All applicants must provide a cover letter (approximately 250
words) along with their r--sum--. The above statements are intended
to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of
their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For
roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to
work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to
arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates
to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland.
However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may
consider supporting an employment permit application, in
appropriate and suitable cases.
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Manager, Localization Editing - 12-Months Fixed Term, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!