Manager, Development Operations (DevOps)
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Manager, Development Operations
- Job Summary: This role will manage a team of engineers focused
on designing and implementing cloud-based solutions to advance our
platforms and services that are core components in delivering
amazing experiences for Pok--mon fans around the world!
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
- Recruit, develop, and retain staff while building a culture of
collaboration, data-driven decisions, and continuous
- Create personalized development plans for members of your team
to enable opportunities for growth and new capabilities.
- Develop relationships with our peer teams to ensure alignment
on priorities and effective collaboration on projects.
- Partner with our technical leads to solve complicated problems,
identify and reinforce technical direction, and establish clear
- Lead internal projects and initiatives while providing insight
into project status and roadmaps.
- Support your team by handling escalations, unblocking
impediments, and managing the teams sprints and backlog.
- Manage your teams on-call rotation and ensure our high
standards for the operability of our services is met.
What you'll bring
- Six+ (6+) years of relevant professional experience, plus one
(1) year of management experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams
and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools and technology such as
Perforce, Bitbucket, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, and
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment and the
ability to lead the teams backlog grooming, planning, and
- Thorough understanding of the DevOps concepts and culture, with
a focus on leveraging software engineering tools, methodologies and
- Functional knowledge and experience including but not limited
to: Development practices, Information Security principles, Vendor
Management, Executive Communications, and Data Analytics.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $144,000.00 - $218,000.00. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint
of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Manager, Development Operations (DevOps), Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!