Sr. Manager, Global Procurement
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International The Pok--mon
Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon Company in
Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for
brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pok--mon Trading Card
Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official
Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today
is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in
the world. Learn more online at and on Facebook (), YouTube (),
Twitter (), and Instagram (). Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. Manager, Global Procurement
- Job Summary: TPCi is looking for a visionary leader for the
procurement function aimed to develop and implement short and
long-term company-wide procurement strategies outside of Asia. This
position will also handle day-to-day functioning of TPCi's
procurement and sourcing function, starting with indirect
procurement. Over time, this leader will build and grow a team to
manage the end-to-end source-to-pay processes, while optimizing
financial savings to the company. While this role mainly focuses on
indirect spend initially (with marketing, technology and
professional services being the top categories), scope may expand
over time to include partnership with our supply chain to ensure it
aligns with TPCi's Core Values.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: Yes What you'll do
- Lead the development, effective implementation, integration,
and execution of procurement vision, organizational strategies, and
tactical plan initiatives in close collaboration with business
partners and operational teams.
- Develop and implement short and long-term indirect procurement
strategies designed to improve quality and service while meeting
company goals and objectives.
- Manage and optimize the Purchasing Card and Travel
- Provide strategic consulting and analytic perspective to
executive management and key business stakeholders on market and
product trends and developments as well as procurement strategies
- Establish effective metrics and performance monitoring systems
to ensure quantifiable gauges of the delivery of procurement
- Promote talent development of team members and overall
development of cross functional teams.
- Design and sustain a procurement organization that has the
structure, process, technology, talent practices, and metrics
needed to deliver the plan and build for the future.
- Ensures stakeholder alignment and coordination via clearly
articulated governance processes.
- Act as a business partner to internal and external stakeholders
and provides a single point of contact for all procurement
operations related questions, feedback, transformations or service
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the organization to
ensure compliance with applicable laws governing procurement
practices as well as company-established CSR standards.
- Drive transformation change in support of the strategic and
operational objectives of the enterprise. What you'll bring
- Ten - twelve (10 - 12) years of relevant professional
experience in corporate strategic procurement, plus five (5) years
of management experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of
- Bachelors degree required, MBA and related profession
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams
and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and
- Strong communication skills that demonstrate an ability to
influence others through oral and written presentation. Successful
candidates are able to persuade, motivate and compel support for
key ideas and initiatives by delivering clear, well-structured
- Strong business acumen and ability to bring a macro perspective
to business opportunities.
- Experience sourcing within country and well connected to the
- Leading experience and knowledge in negotiations and the
ability to coach and develop others to do the same.
- Shown track record of procurement success.
- Experience with change management.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and
internationally about few times per year. How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience. What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start
between $132,000.00 - $156,750.00. The full range is $132,000.00 -
$198,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where
the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly
related to each candidates' qualifications and professional
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of
their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For
roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to
work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to
arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates
to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland.
However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may
consider supporting an employment permit application, in
appropriate and suitable cases.
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Sr. Manager, Global Procurement, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...