Assistant Director of Materials Job
Posted on: May 26, 2023
This position oversees and directs the Materials and Demand
Planning departments with the Materials Manager and engages in a
variety of supporting activities to achieve the division's sales
and profit objectives.
- Leads all Materials staff and functions needed to support
Materials Planning (Direct Ship, Demand, Fulfillment) for the
PACCAR Parts aftermarket supply chain in North America.
- Effectively manage all internal projects related to system and
process improvements which support Direct Ship Retail Availability,
Demand Forecasting and/or Inventory Planning functions.
- Support other departments at PACCAR with resolution of problems
at suppliers and dealers.
- Responsible for recommendations in the development of yearly
department and capital budgets.
- Has shared responsibility with the Materials Managers to create
and manage yearly departmental goals and metrics for world class
Supply Chain performance.
- Benchmarks with other companies and brings forward
systems/process improvements to ensure continued excellence in the
Direct Ship Program, Demand Planning, Inventory Optimization, and
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with Suppliers, the
worldwide OE and Aftermarket Materials Departments, and PACCAR
Parts Senior Management.
- Prepare and present Sales and Operations Planning to PACCAR
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Superior
analytical and problem solving skills
- Four or more years of management experience
- Knowledge of truck parts and components
- Experience implementing and executing cost savings initiatives
- Lean and Six Sigma experience
- Advanced PC skills with ability to leverage and capitalize on
data from a variety of sources
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and issue resolution skills
- Ability to manage under difficult and stressful situations
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Proven project management
- Product lifecycle forecasting
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field - Masters Degree
is strongly desired
- 5+ years of Supply Chain Management, Inventory Control, or
Operations Management experience
- Supply Chain Management andproduct distribution experience
- Six Sigma experience required
- Previous SAP, Manugistics, I2 or JDA planning experience HIGHLY
- Product lifecycle management desired
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after
- Comprehensive paid time off - minimum of 10 paid vacation days
(additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of
service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning,
financial counseling and more
- This position offers relocation assistance benefits.
- At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development.
We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your
education, training, or experience. The salary range for this
position is $104,000 - $182,500annually. This position is also
eligible for annual incentive bonus compensation with a target of
25%. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of
benefit options listed above.Additional Information:
- PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
- PACCAR Parts is an E-Verify Employer
- PACCAR has success with diverse teams of employees working
together to achieve excellent results. Having a diverse and
inclusive work environment ensures PACCAR has the talent needed to
conduct business today and in the future by leveraging different
backgrounds, skills, and viewpoints. We believe diversity in the
workplace increases innovation, results in better decisions and
increases employee engagementCompany Information
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is
recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial,
and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands
such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global
technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support
of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the
Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and
manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized
financial services, information technology and truck parts related
to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Parts is the global provider of aftermarket parts and
services to support Kenworth, Peterbilt, DAF and TRP dealers around
the world. This includes 18 distribution centers globally that
support 2,200 dealerships and over 1,000,000 customers. Aftermarket
support includes world class customer centers that deliver industry
leading uptime in conjunction with our outstanding supply chain
that delivers record levels of inventory availability for dealers
Keywords: PACCAR, Renton , Assistant Director of Materials Job, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...