VP, CFO - Washington
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 26, 2023
As part of our team, you'll create the financial strategies that
drive improvement and help influence the future of health care.VP,
CFO - Washington Primary Location Renton, Washington Job Number
1187639 Date posted 05/11/2023 The Market CFO has a dual-reporting
relationship to the Market Leadership Team (Health Plan President
and Executive Medical Director) and the MOC CFO and is responsible
for the oversight of the financial health and viability of the
Washington Market.As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team
, the Market CFO will play a critical role in business decisions to
maximum the value of financial resources and community investments
in collaboration with the KP Medical Foundation Leadership Team.
The Market CFO will participate in determining the strategic
direction and competitive position of KP Washington and influences
business strategy by tracking progress and forecasting fiscal
operational impacts compared to short and long term Market
objectives.The Market CFO will partner with KP Medical Foundation
and Market Leaders ensure that financial resources are aligned with
the Markets' economic plans and overall Market budgets. This
executive will have the mandate of continuing to enhance the
Market's leading integrated health platform.
- Performance Management
- Drives overall Market performance and initiates business and
financial analytics to ensure performance success to support
strategic and economic plans.
- Oversees all aspects of financial management within the Market,
including the development of information and analysis of key
financial and operational data, as well as partnering with key
leaders to improve the direction of the Market's performance.
- Responsible for developing pricing strategy across all lines of
business including continual awareness of the external compeititve
- Systematically and comprehensively assesses the financial
opportunities, challenges and risks facing the Market.
- Reviews and communicates Market performance to key leaders.
Continuously forecasts the progress and momentum in key operations
against planned objectives.
- Communicating to a variety of internal and external audiences
regarding the Market's financial performance, risks, opportunities,
- Building and maintaining a responsive, motivated, and high
performing Health Plan finance organization.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of key financial and
planning relationships with the Washington Permanente Medical Group
and KP Medical Foundation.
- Supports network contracting by evaluating contract terms and
developing key relationships with delivery system partner
- Accountable for overall Market P&L and partners with the
Market Medical Group Finance Leader to inform about Ambulatory Care
Delivery budgeting based on standards set by the KP Medical
- Planning and Investment Analysis
- Collaborates with the KP Medical Foundation and Market Medical
Group Finance Leader as necessary on strategic decisions that have
a large impact on the Market budget and Ambulatory Care Delivery,
such as internalization, OMS, capital investment, etc.
- Leads an integrated Market planning process that encompasses
business, capital, and financial planning in support of the Market
and Enterprise strategy
- Holds ultimate approval authority of capital expenditures and
business cases in partnership with the Market Leadership Team
- Business Development
- Supports the integrated care coverage model, clinical delivery
system, and provider system/medical group contracting
- Provides technical analytical support in assessing and
developing optimal financial agreements.
- Builds the capability to work with others to screen and
evaluate potential business opportunities. Participates in building
a business case for new ventures.
- Management of Key Finance Functions
- Oversees management of all core finance processes and
functions, including those that reside in Market and National
Shared Services. Specific accountabilities include, but are not
limited to internal control oversight, accounting process,
accounting and financial reporting, financial and insurance
transactions, financial risk management, business/financial/systems
planning and analysis, financial performance measurement,
budgeting/forecasting, decision support, cost structure/cash flow
improvements, actuarial estimation and revenue cycle
- Ensures optimal revenues and identifies areas for
- Initiates discussions and determines impact of financial risk
when formulating new or monitoring existing business practices and
- Assures protection and preservation of existing assets by
establishing appropriate internal controls and risk management
- Oversees medical risk adjustment coding
- Responsible for developing the market finance team including
mentorship, stretch opportunities, and thoughtful development
discussions to ensure career progression for the span of control
that resides under the Market CFO
- Primary financial point of contact with regulators (Department
of Insurance, etc.) and local market board of directors. Basic
- Minimum ten (10)years of experience in various financial areas
of a multi-faceted health plan, health care system, and/or
multi-service provider setting. Education
- A Bachelor-s degree in accounting or finance is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Specific experience/qualifications include the following:
- Demonstrated track record of developing and leading high
- Demonstrated track record in providing financial leadership in
a large, complex business, serving as a strategic business partner
to the senior team.
- Experience implementing financial controls and reporting
systems to improve management capabilities and results for local
market and impact within a larger business unit. Knowledge of the
application of data processing to various accounting systems.
- Experience managing a broad range of financial and
organizational issues, such as organizational redesign, improving
internal controls, significant contract negotiations; revenue cycle
management, financial turnaround, creating a performance-oriented
organization, and change management.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate -win-win- situations as it
relates to business decisions.
- Willingness to challenge the -status quo-.
- Demonstrated political savvy to operate in politically complex
situations and remain effective
- In alignment with our Leading as One operating model,
demonstrates open, collaborative, and transparent leadership style
that promotes teamwork and partnership while achieving desired
- Ability to understand and assess complex market conditions and
recommend necessary cost structure improvements or revenue growth
- Demonstrated track record of leveraging information technology
strategies for financial transaction and decision support
- Must share the values of Kaiser Permanente and its Market
- Ability to build effective partnerships and influence other
- Ability to consistently demonstrate integrity, prudence, high
energy, initiative, and self-confidence.
- Familiarity with government programs in the health care field,
which will affect the financial operations of the business.
- Dedication to maintaining and building an inclusive culture and
values aligned with principles of diversity. Preferred
- Ten years of Executive management experience involving diverse
financial functions within a consumer facing organization is
- Combination of health plan and health care delivery system
finance experience preferred.
- Decisiveness, action-orientation, personal integrity,
capability to persevere in difficult situations, and a focus on
strategic leadership issues highly desired.
- A Master-s degree with a CPA or equivalent work experience is
preferred. Primary Location: Washington,Renton,Renton
Administration - Baker Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day
Workdays: M-F Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End:
05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee
Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE
Executives-NUE-Non Union Employee Job Level: Executive/VP
Department: Po/Ho Corp - Rgnl Clearing KPWA Cooperative - 0308 The
ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The
salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or
state than the location posted. Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time At
Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably
linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything
we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes
Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more
supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more
fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that
you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our
expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work
environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Renton , VP, CFO - Washington, Executive , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...