Company: Vantage Radiology & Diagnostic Servies, P.S.
Posted on: June 29, 2020
Join the Vantage Radiology & Diagnostic Services practice as a
nurse practitioner, working as part of a team with two other ARNPs.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and
Director of Interventional Radiology, the nurse practitioner
provides clinical expertise to clients of the Practice, and acts as
a resource person for other healthcare providers as needed.
Shift is Monday through Friday 0800 to 1700 with possibility of
limited weekend call rotation
The nurse practitioner is expected to:
A. Provide and coordinate the care of patients who have had/will
have interventional radiology procedures. This is to include, but
is not limited to:
1) Provides pre-procedural history, examination, evaluation, and
documentation. Orders appropriate laboratory and imaging tests.
2) Provides post-procedural follow-up care including daily
inpatient rounds, tube checks and removals, line placement checks,
documentation, and orders appropriate follow up tests as
3) Provides initial consult, evaluation, and coordination of care
for some radiology procedures to include uterine artery
embolization, vertebroplasty, and kyphoplasty.
4) Performs minor interventional procedures, once proficient, to
include PICC line placement lumbar puncture, thoracentesis,
paracentesis, arthrogram injections, feeding tube placements,
arthrogram joint injections and other minor interventional
5) Participate and assist in coordination and management of
vascular clinic services to include sclerotherapy, EVLT and other
6) Participate and assist in coordination and management of
outpatient interventional radiology clinic to include patient
follow up care, and Breast Center procedure follow up care.
7) Conduct post-procedural phone interviews with outpatients,
scheduling follow up care and collecting feedback and satisfaction
8) Assist willingly in quality improvement initiatives
B. Performs customer service and acts as a liaison with referring
providers, and works closely with the marketing team. This
includes, but is not limited to:
1) Assist in the development of product and service line
educational material for patients and referring physicians in
concert with the interventional radiologists and marketing
2) Round on inpatient cases daily and network with hospitalists,
residents, and unit nursing personnel to build clinical
relationships and promote Interventional Radiology procedures.
3) Making periodic customer service visits to referring physicians
to promote and develop the interventional services.
C. Coordinate and manage operational aspects of providing clinic
services to patients of the interventional radiology department,
working closely with hospital department managers of IRCU and
Radiology to resolve barriers to effective service delivery.
D) Participates in professional development activities, maintaining
professional affiliations, and attends conferences and workshops as
part of continuing education.
E) Attends required meetings and Professional Development Committee
meetings, and participates in committees when requested. Helps to
coordinate and lead the Interventional Services Committee
F) Demonstrates awareness of and conforms to HIPAA compliance
standards, Medicare compliance standards, and maintains patient
G) Prescribe/ order, administer, and monitor sedation patients in
an imaging center environment.
The nurse practitioner must be:
1) Knowledgeable of professional nursing theory and methods for
assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient
care. 2) Skilled in the application and modification of the
principles, methods, and techniques used to provide quality
on-going patient care.
3) Familiar with the medical equipment and instruments utilized to
administer quality and effective patient care.
4) Knowledgeable of common safety hazards, radiology safety
hazards, and precautions taken to establish a safe working
5) Familiar with, or will become upon hiring, the terminology,
procedures, expected outcomes, potential complications (including
warning signs for and acute treatment of) for interventional
6) Skilled in identifying problems, and researching and
recommending possible solutions.
7) Skilled in the preparation and maintenance of health records,
writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
8) Skilled in developing and maintaining relationships with
patients, medical staff, and the public.
9) Able to maintain quality control standards.
10) Able to react calmly and effectively in emergent
11) Able to interpret, adapt, and apply clinical practice
12) Able to communicate clearly in the English language, in oral
and written forms Qualifications: - Graduate of an accredited NP
- Current RN and ARNP licensure in the State of Washington, and
certification by the AANP or ANCC.
- One year of professional experienced preferred, though will
consider new graduate with radiology interest.
- Familiarity with EPIC systems a plus.
- Current BLS and ACLS provider certifications.
- Current DEA number, or eligible to obtain one within 90 days of
If this would work for you, you might be just the person we are
looking for! If this accurately describes you please apply now!
YourMembership.Category: Healthcare, Keywords: Nurse Practitioner
Keywords: Vantage Radiology & Diagnostic Servies, P.S., Renton , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!