Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Perform general patient access and registration duties in EPIC
Practice Management, such as, answer telephones, make appointments,
process referrals, maintain provider templates and appointment
schedules, verify patient demographics and insurance coverage.
Perform general patient account management duties, such as, obtain
prior authorization for services, process items in the appropriate
work queues to complete registration and enter service capture
data. Ensure patient accounts and coverage structures meet Kaiser
Permanente standards and billing requirements of various payors.
Function as liaison to Patient Financial Services and the Health
Plan. Communicate with external government payors and employers, as
necessary. Work directly with patients on billing related matters
and provide fee estimates to patients for Kaiser Permanente
services. May perform duties related to cash collection and
depositing. Demonstrate strong customer service and communication
skills. Adhere to HIPAA and patient confidentiality requirements.
May act as the patients' first point of contact with Kaiser
Patient Access and Registration
- Answer phones
- Perform appointment making processes
- Complete accurate patient registration, such as, verification
of patient demographics and payor coverage
- Perform check-in, check-out, admit and discharge tasks
- Build and maintain appointing templates
- Perform online account set up verification
- Communicate with patients via multiple channels
- Process internal and external referrals
General Account Management
- Confirm and set up payor coverage structures
- Obtain prior authorization for services
- Process appropriate items in the patient, claim edit and charge
review work queues
- Act as liaison to Patient Financial Services and the Health
- Communicate with external government payors and employers, as
- Perform manual service capture and data entry
- Act as liaison to Health Information Management Coding
Specialist for facility specific coding issues
- Apply account review criteria and billing guidelines in
preparation for off site billing of professional services
- Provide fee estimates for KP services
- Assist patients with billing questions
Cash Collection and Depositing
- Collect co-pays and cost shares for services
- Process refunds
- Perform daily cash reconciliation and reporting for retail
- Process daily till closeout
- Prepare bank documentation, combine and reconcile deposits of
cashiers in the facility
- Adhere to Kaiser Permanente behavior & appearance
- Demonstrate strong customer service and communication
- Treat customers with courtesy and respect
- Adhere to HIPAA and patient confidentiality
- May act as a guide when a patient accesses Kaiser Permanente
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a business office of a
medical care delivery, hospital, insurance company or a large
contact center AND experience in electronic patient accounting,
scheduling or customer information systems OR minimum two (2) years
of experience providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic PC skills in MS Windows environment.
- 10-key and typing (35 WPM).
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse customer
- Srong organizational skills.
- One (1) year of experience in processing various types of
billing, including workers compensation, subrogation, coordination
of benefits, and private/self-pay.
- Three (3) years of additional experience in a patient care
- Vocational training in medical office procedures and
- Coursework or practical training and experience in ICD-9 and
- Familiar with medical terminology.
- Knowledge of delivery system business operations processes,
including appointing, account intake and verification, cashiering,
financial interviewing, referral processing and data
- Working knowledge of health care insurance practices and
- Knowledge of health care payer/insurer types, including state
and federal workers compensation, commercial, subrogation,
self-insured, Medicare (CMS) and Medicaid (DSHS).
- Understanding of Kaiser Permanente insurance products and
- Proven ability to establish credibility and respect with
- Proven ability to problem solve and take initiative.
- Ability to provide feedback and education to other staff
regarding correct procedures.
- Demonstrate a high degree of adaptability, productivity, and
reliability as well as an ability to work independently in an
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and customer service
skills for both face-to-face and telephone interactions with
patients, medical staff, and team members.
- Positive, open-minded, and focused on continuous
- Ability to learn new processes, procedures, and software
programs quickly, while demonstrating attention to detail and
accuracy in their daily work.
- Use of Epic Cadence/Prelude/Resolute or other patient
scheduling and accounting systems.
- Understanding of Kaiser Permanente billing protocols and cash
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Renton , Medical Receptionist, Healthcare , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!