Health Care Guide Registered Medical Assistant
Posted on: March 12, 2023
The Health Care Guide brings value to Primary Care by
facilitating access to solutions, quality outreach, goal setting,
problem solving, navigation, and closing the loop on open tasks. A
focus area for guides is coaching around lifestyle changes to
promote health and well-being. The Health Care Guide may room
patients, check vital signs, and manage flow within the clinic. The
Health Care Guide maintains working relationships with KPWA teams
to improve coordination and integration. Communication with members
may be face-to-face or virtual, real time or asynchronous. Health
Care Guides are accountable for a defined population, can initiate
encounters, and document in the electronic medical record.
- Capture relevant information about the patients health and
healthcare experience, take vitals, administer point-of-care
testing, and perform standard age and condition-appropriate
- Take responsibility (in partnership with providers) for the
health of a population of patients and monitor and track whether
those patients are up to date on preventive measures.
- Provide disease specific self-care education and coaching to
members enrolled in disease management programs.
- Identify transitional care gaps and coach members to access
appropriate services Identify needed community and
medical/behavioral services to support members goals and coach
members to access them.
- Identify members clinical and non-clinical needs and report to
appropriate care team member.
- Use motivational interviewing skills to develop short and
long-term goals with members.
- Using evidence-based information and coaching skills, will work
with members to set health related goals and develop and implement
effective strategies to reach those goals.
- Establish healing relationships with members and families.
- Coach patients using an action-planning model based on
motivational interviewing techniques.
- Assist with the coordination of care across the continuum, such
as: coordinating referrals, and sharing or transferring information
with the patients internal and external care team.
- Regularly monitor members progress towards meeting their health
goals and communicate progress to interdisciplinary team.
- Document all interactions and coaching sessions, assessments,
care plans, and interventions in EPIC system Documents member
goals, clinical data, behavioral outcomes, and administrative
details of all assigned members.
- Consult and collaborate with interdisciplinary team, other
internal departments, particularly health services and medical
management, to support multidisciplinary care.
- Participate broadly in the daily operations of a primary care
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing direct services
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED)
- Associates degree OR clinical credential, including EMT and
License, Certification, Registration
- Nursing Assistant Certificate (Washington) within 2 months of
hire OR Registered Medical Assistant (Washington) within 2 months
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Strong desire to work in a healthcare setting.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Intermediate computer literacy including Word, Windows, Excel,
and Social Media.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a team setting.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Intermediate familiarity with, and active in, local
- Current unencumbered Washington state EMT or CNA, if
- Three (3) years of experience providing direct services to
- Experience interacting in a diverse, multicultural and/or
- Clinical experience
- Bachelors degree.
- Demonstrated leadership through professional, volunteerism or
- Health Coaching
Job Category: Clinical Support, Medical Assistant
Keywords: Kaiser, Renton , Health Care Guide Registered Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...