Ophthalmic Assistant/Medical Assistant - Bellevue - On Call
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Provide technical and patient care support either in a clinic or
on the phone as a member of the Eye Care team. In clinic perform
measurement and evaluation tests and perform specified procedures.
On phone acts as a triage point for urgent, emergent and general
Eye Care needs. May support fitting of contact lenses and provide
- Patient Assessment: Anticipates and recognizes changes in the
patients eye health status and needs for eye care.
- Clinic only - History taking: Presenting complaint/history of
presenting illness, past ocular history, family history, systemic
illness, past and present, medications, allergies and drug
- Phone only - Using the Eye Care triage process, provides
telephone consultation to patients. Determines priorities of
patient care based on essential patient needs and available
- Clinical Exam (clinic only)
- Basic Testing Skills: methods of measuring/recording acuity,
color vision testing, lensometry, A-scan biometry, Exophthalmometry
Amsler Grid, Schirmer, Tests Evaluation of Pupils, Estimation of
Anterior chamber depth, Visual field evaluation.
- Perform Patient Services Procedures: Ocular dressings and
shields, Drug delivery, spectacle principles, assisting patient,
minor surgery assist and instruction.
- Instrument Maintenance: Acuity projectors, ophthalmoscopes,
retinoscopes, lensometers, perimeters, tangent screen, phoropters,
slit lamps, ultrasound, keratometers, lenses, tonometers, muscle
light, special instruments, surgical instruments.
- Patient Care: Encourages patient compliance with established
therapeutic and medical treatment. Promotes patient self-care
responsibility for meeting their own eye health needs. Adheres to
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington documentation
standards. Provides a safe environment for each patient and adheres
to Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington safety
- Clinic - Basic principles, fitting procedures, patient
instruction, trouble-shooting problems, verification of lenses,
cash handling, retail opinions for contact lenses .
- Clinic - May check-in or make follow up appointments.
- Phone - Provides appropriate schedule guidance through use of
technical skill and judgement along with established protocols.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Medical Assistant (Washington) within 2 months of
- Ophthalmic Assistant Certificate required at hire from The
Joint Commission on Allied Health Personel in Opthomology
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Customer service skills.
- Computer experience in a MS Windows environment; Keyboarding
- General medical knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation,
anatomy, physiology, systemic diseases, ocular diseases, ocular
emergencies, and metric conversion fundamentals of microbial
- Experience working with contact lens patients and
- Experience working in an ophthalmology or optometry
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant, ophthalmic
assistant or allied health professional program.
Job Category: Clinical Support, Medical Assistant
Keywords: Kaiser, Renton , Ophthalmic Assistant/Medical Assistant - Bellevue - On Call, Healthcare , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...