Customer Service Representative
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Pay: $18.00-$22.00/hr and up to $2,500 through our performance
bonuses in the summer.Location: Horizon Renton, WA - H540; 955 Lind
Ave, SW Renton, Washington - 98057Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00am
- 5:00pm occasional Saturdays 8:00am - 12:00pm on a rotating basis
from March to OctoberThe JobThe Customer Service Representative
(CSR) empowers our customers to build, manage and grow successful
landscape businesses, by generously sharing product knowledge,
providing recommendations that will improve their bottom line,
demonstrating exceptional service and always radiating a positive
attitude. They are the face of the sales center and our customers'
primary point of contact for walk-ins, phone orders and will call
- Eagerly greets walk-in and phone customers, and listens to
understand their needs and challenges.
- Treats customers as business partners, by recommending product
solutions, upsell options, and complimentary items designed to make
their jobs easier and more profitable.
- Collaborates with team members and utilizes all company
resources to sell Horizon's value and give customers the best
service and experience possible.
- Prepares sales orders and assists customers in selecting and
- Makes follow-up calls to potential and existing customers to
introduce opportunities and solicit additional business.
- Resolves customer complaints professionally and in a timely
- Maintains a clean, well-organized, well-stocked sales
- Assists in receiving, shipping, and general warehouse
- Other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- Strong customer-service attitude.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented personality.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment focused on serving business
owners with urgent needs.
- Understands information and communicates clearly through spoken
and written words, asks questions as appropriate, and thinks
critically to identify solutions to problems.
- A cooperative, dependable team player.
- Good computer and record-keeping skills, and aptitude to learn
ever-evolving systems, programs, handheld technology and
- Ability to frequently lift and move items that weigh up to 20
pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Possess or obtain forklift certification.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.Preferred:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Irrigation experience is a huge plus and knowledge in other
landscape products is helpful.Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage with Flexible Spending
Accounts and Wellness programs.
- 100% employer paid Life Insurance.
- 100% employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- 401 (K) with generous company match.
- Fully Funded Tuition Education Programs.
- 13 days of PTO & Paid Holidays.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Bonus Programs that include Summer Madness and annual
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Employee Discounts and much more!The CompanyHorizon
Distributors, Inc. (Horizon) is a wholly owned subsidiary of
POOLCORP - the world's largest publicly traded distributor of
swimming pool, landscaping and outdoor living products - which
employs over 5,000 team members in more than 395 sales centers
worldwide. Horizon operates 70 of those sales centers across the
US, and is a leading distributor of landscape and irrigation
products with a focus on serving the needs of professional
landscape contractors. With more than 60 years of industry
experience, Horizon prides itself in offering the convenience and
buying power of a national company with the personalized service
and attention to detail of a local store!Why Horizon? At Horizon,
our people ARE our priority and there are so many reasons to join
our team! Here's a few:Career Opportunities: Looking for a career -
not just a job? Then we may be the place for you! We have both the
career opportunities and training needed as you grow. We offer
continuous learning - locally in sales center training sessions,
virtually in our online learning center, in the classroom at our
training facility in Dallas, TX, and through tuition reimbursement.
At Horizon, the sky is the limit.Excellent Benefits: Our generous
benefit package includes: group medical, prescription, dental,
vision and life insurance; 401(k) - offered currently with a
company match; an employee stock purchase program; seasonal sales
and rewards programs; an Employee Assistance Program, exclusive
vendor discounts offered to POOLCORP / Horizon employees and
more.Winning Team: Our history of success is the result of our
winning team. At Horizon, you will work with some of the best and
brightest, in a stable environment, with predictable work hours and
the ability to earn even more through overtime, and continuous
rewards when targets are met...which is often the case. Join us and
you'll join a "winning team."So, whether you are new to the
business or are a seasoned professional, Horizon has a place for
you.Horizon Distributors, Inc. / POOLCORP is a drug-free company.To
apply, email #HDIWEST1Horizon Distributors, Inc. / POOLCORP is an
Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. The Company understands,
respects, and values diversity - unique styles, experiences,
identities, ideas, and opinions - while striving to be inclusive of
all people. This commitment is critical to our success as a global
company as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most
talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Hiring and
promotional decisions are based solely on the qualifications
required for the job to be filled.At POOLCORP, we are committed to
our employees' success. Our comprehensive benefits program offers
the flexibility of benefits that meet the needs of our employees
and their families. Some of these benefits include medical, dental
and vision care, company-paid life and long-term disability
insurance, prescription drug coverage, flexible spending and health
savings accounts, 401(k) with company match, employee stock
purchase plan, and employee assistance and education reimbursement
programs. These benefits can help build a foundation for the future
while helping employees live a healthy lifestyle.The compensation
range for this position in Washington is between $18.00 and $22.00
based on a full-time schedule. The actual pay may vary depending on
your skills, qualifications and experience. Additionally, this
position may be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commissions
plans as well as relocation or cost of living adjustments.Your
total compensation (pay, benefits, and bonuses) will be adjusted
based upon your job classification, hours worked, and length of
employment. Please note that benefits are subject to change. For
more information about compensation and benefits, visit
Keywords: POOLCORP, Renton , Customer Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!