Specialist-Recruitment and Retention
Company: Friends of Youth
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Recruitment and Retention Specialist identifies prospective
long-term foster parents, screens, and ensures that all required
documentation of foster care cases complies with federal
requirements and state laws and regulation. They support program
employees, specifically around recruiting, home finding, and
identifying and developing community relationships with trainers.
The Recruitment and Retention Specialist works as a team with the
Foster Care Licensor. Essential Duties Recruitment:
- Develop and implement, with on-going cooperation with the
Marketing Director, a variety of marketing techniques to increase
the number of licensed foster homes. These techniques may
- engagement with foster parents to share their experiences,
- press releases and articles about foster care to various media
- distribution of fliers and posters in the community,
- development and dissemination of brochures and materials as
- presentation to community groups,
- creation of advertisements for newspapers and online
- incorporate recruitment information into existing agency
awareness efforts Produce an overall increase in the number of beds
available in the foster care program by new parents and replace
foster parents leaving through attrition by providing and/or
participating in up to three recruitment events per month. Meet or
exceed census goals as directed by supervisor. Initiation:
- Respond within 24 hours to all inquiries.
- Provide orientation regarding the licensing process and Friends
of Youth by phone and in person when possible.
- Explain training requirements and set up an interview with the
Foster Care Licensor as soon as the foster parent is available. The
expectation is within seven days.
- Share calendars with the Foster Care Licensor and work as a
team to move appointments and paperwork efficiently through the
- Provide opportunities for foster parent recognition and
appreciation throughout the year.
- o Assist with supervision of interns and volunteers.
- o Disseminate and implement agency policies and procedures to
foster parents as requested.
- o Be available to foster parents in emergencies and to the
Foster Care program as requested. Administration:
- Meet a minimum of one hour per week for individual supervision
and one hour per week in team meeting with foster care staff.
- Attend community Department of Children, Youth and Families
(DCYS), and all agency meetings pertaining to recruitment including
state and private collaborative efforts. Attend licensing meetings
- Coordinate with the Volunteer Coordinator to refer volunteers
to agency programs and assist with community outreach for volunteer
recruitment, program referral and public relations.
- Knowledge and practice of licensing requirements and provide
coverage and backup support as needed for the Friends of Youth
Foster Care Licensor. Other Duties Please note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. We offer:
- 15 vacation days per year with annual accrual interests, paid
sick leave, 11 paid holidays, 2 personal days and 2 social justice
leave days per year (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Medical, dental and vision coverage; 24/7 access to
- 403(b) retirement plan and matching
- Long-term disability insurance and life insurance
- Professional development opportunities are available 24/7 on
our online learning platform
- All employees and their immediate family members can receive
free counseling and mental health support through our Employee
Assistance Program We require:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years' experience as a Foster Care
Recruiter, or other relevant marketing/recruiting experience.
- Experience in public speaking is required
- Must have reliable transportation and a WA Driver's license
with a safe driving record
- Proof of COVID vaccination
- Must satisfactorily pass criminal background check.
- Must satisfactorily pass tuberculosis (TB) test.
- Must have a valid Washington State driver's license.
- Must have a safe driving record as defined by Friends of
- Must successfully complete the following health certification
requirements within 30 days of employment: CPR, First Aid and
Bloodborne Pathogens training. Friends of Youth is committed to
equity and creating a diverse and inclusive work environment as an
equal opportunity employer. We welcome, honor, and celebrate our
clients, colleagues, and communities' diverse identities and
cultures. For more information, email .
Keywords: Friends of Youth, Renton , Specialist-Recruitment and Retention, Human Resources , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...