Technical Operations Manager
Company: Meteorcomm LLC
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Meteorcomm is looking for a hands-on, technical operations
manager that will be responsible for the day-to-day management of
Meteorcomm's hosted applications, associated infrastructure, and
related application and infrastructure security. The manager will
work with the managers and staff of IT, product management,
professional services, outside consultants and customers to ensure
safe and reliable operations of MCC hosted services
environments.SummaryResponsible for the development of
architectures, policies, procedures and practices - including
current/future products and infrastructure associated with
Meteorcomm's SaaS and IaaS offerings. In addition, the position is
responsible for the day-to-day management of the administration of
the hosted services environment. The position will work with IT,
product management, architecture, development, outside consultants
and customers to establish reliable and secure operations.Major
- Develop architecture, policies, procedures and practices to
address current and emerging hosted services requirements
- Articulate risks, tradeoffs and options within the context of
the company, customers and industry.
- Recommend priorities & drive implementation of the
architecture, policies, and practices
- Define / review new applications and associated infrastructure
requirements and oversee and participate in the development of
plans and implementation strategies.
- Ensure that architectural solutions support current and future
- Identify security violations and inefficiencies by conducting
- Oversee vulnerability & patch management, security testing, and
- Support Professional Services - advise on operational
considerations for the deployment of products and solutions.
- Support Engineering - advise development teams associated with
providing hosted services and application engineering on
operational considerations in a production level environment.
- Provide hosted services performance and reliability metrics to
senior leadership / executives.
- Inform and educate stakeholders by providing reports and
- Maintain technical knowledge via online sources, attending
conferences & workshops, and reviewing publications.
- Develop a team of professionals and analysts in concert with
the market demand for SaaS and IaaS.
- Improve Meteorcomm's customer support experience, including
metrics, reporting, customer surveys, performance management,
escalation and outage management.Supervisory Requirements
- Perform tasks with minimal supervision. General direction
provided by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of the operations team in
accordance with Meteorcomm's policies and practicesAuthority and
- Authority to lead negotiations with other teams and approve
solutions that improve the hosted services environment reliability,
maintainability, and security.Requirements for this Job (Knowledge,
Skill, Education and Experience)Essential:
- BS degree in engineering, computer science, or related field or
- 5+ years of relevant operational experience.
- Fundamental understanding of: TCP/IP, common ports and
protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model,
defense-in-depth, common security elements and architectures (and
- Knowledge of Network Security Practices (e.g. TLS, X.509, PKCS,
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network
data and other artifacts in support of troubleshooting and
- Hands-on-experience of supporting distributed, production
systems with both internal and external customers.
- Experience with network management best practices and
- Analytical thinking. Attention to detail. Aptitude to learn new
- Work independently in a team-oriented environment. Influence
technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
including the ability to present to executive level.Desirable:
- Familiarity with artificial intelligence, machine learning, or
- Familiarity with data processing / visualization tools such as
Tableau, Kibana, PostegresSQL, or Elastisearch
- Familiarity with NIST Cyber Security Framework.
- Familiarity with SaaS and IaaS architectures.
- Understanding of IOT security, messaging security, network
- Familiarity with RF networks, protocols, and hardware.
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with VM and container architectures and associated
management toolsEEO Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityWe are an
Keywords: Meteorcomm LLC, Renton , Technical Operations Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!