Lead Systems Administrator
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: January 12, 2022
This position assists technical and project team members to
resolve system problems and application-specific issues. This role
supports the stability, availability, and performance of enterprise
systems and provides first and second level support for enterprise
systems. This role also supports communications with product users
and suppliers to share information, identify opportunities, resolve
problems, prioritize customer requirements, and maintain continuous
improvement through customer feedback. In addition, this position
plans the implementation of hardware and software changes into
environments and participates in and influences change management
processes. Essential Responsibilities:
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific
projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the
development of work plans to meet business priorities and
deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies;
coordinating and assigning resources to accomplish priorities and
deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective
business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high
priority issues or risks, as appropriate; and recognizing and
capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by
proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise
with coworkers and customers; building relationships with
cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical
explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new
responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and
addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others and
managers; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths
and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting
to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Meets timelines to drive the delivery of appropriate,
sustainable, and prompt solutions.
- Assists technical and project team members to resolve system
problems and application-specific issues.
- Supports the stability, availability, and performance of
enterprise systems (e.g., systems, applications, network,
databases, storage, security) by performing complex systems
analysis to identify problems, trends, and opportunities for
- Provides first and second level support for enterprise systems
and systems in one or more additional IT domains by diagnosing,
troubleshooting, and resolving complex incidents to minimize system
- Escalates unresolved or critical issues, risks or problems to
- Supports communications with product users and suppliers to
share information, identify opportunities, resolve problems,
prioritize customer requirements, and maintain continuous
improvement through customer feedback.
- Plans and performs complex system configuration.
- Participates in installs, upgrades, or decommissions of
designated systems, products, and infrastructure.
- Creates documentation of new and existing system configuration
and procedural information, and ensures system configurations
documentation is complete and accurate.
- Plans the implementation of hardware and software changes into
environments and one or more additional IT production environments
by performing impact analyses of system changes.
- Supports vendor support activities, as appropriate.
- Participates in and influences change management
- Defines the maintenance, modification, and documentation of
complex and advanced applications.
- Supports the development of guidelines to prevent and/or
resolve recurring problems.
- Recommends and executes performance tuning and optimization
activities. Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year in an informal leadership role working
with IT or operational teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social
Science, Education, Business, Health Care or related field and
Minimum six (6) years working in IT or operations. Additional
equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree
requirement. Preferred Qualifications:
- Four (4) years system administration experience.
- One (1) year of work experience in a role requiring interaction
with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- Three (3) years experience working in a large matrixed
- Two (2) years experience working with IT vendors.
- Four (4) years experience writing documentation or standard
operating procedures related to system administration.
- Three (3) years experience in mainframe administration.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Renton , Lead Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!