Software Development Engineer (ElasticPath)
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Software Development Engineer (ElasticPath)
Job Summary: This role designs and develops software
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you'll do
- Take part in discovery of new features and enhancements to
refine and create stories in JIRA.
- Design optimal solutions for the feature and
- Implement the solution by customizing ElasticPath components or
by creating new ElasticPath extensions in Java.
- Develop unit and integration test cases using JUnit and
- Fix bugs on existing code or enhance existing code to improve
site stability and reduce errors
- Provide estimates for bug fixes, enhancements or new feature
- Regular communication and collaboration with other developers
to ensure consistency across platform.
- Work closely with performance test team and identify areas for
- Share best practices with business users for better use of
- Take part in code deployment and release process.
- Integrate NewRelic alerting in new feature development to
measure performance and for monitoring.
- Keep up to date on ElasticPath features, best practices, and
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation to support global
platform. - - - - - - -
What you'll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional
- Bachelors degree required.
- 5+ years of development experience with ElasticPath.
- 3+ years of experience working with Spring/SpringBoot and
- 3+ years of experience working with Java 8.
- Working experience of JPA, and ActiveMQ is preferred.
- Experience operationalizing web applications for performance,
scalability, and active discoverability of errors and
- Experience with New Relic, DataDog or similar tools for
- Experience using version control (i.e., GIT) strongly
- Experience working on Mult-site architecture is strongly
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver high quality
work on tight schedules
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $98000.00 - 148000.00. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint
of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Profile: Software Development Engineer (IC2)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Software Development Engineer (ElasticPath), IT / Software / Systems , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!