Senior Software Development Engineer
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International The Pok--mon
Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon Company in
Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for
brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pok--mon Trading Card
Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official
Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today
is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in
the world. Learn more online at and on Facebook (), YouTube (),
Twitter (), and Instagram (). Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Job Summary: The Senior Software Development Engineer will
collaborate with other engineers to integrate a multi-tenant
Content Management System (CMS) across multiple web properties. The
CMS serves as a core content distribution platform for The Pok--mon
Company International's digital marketing needs. This role will
work with members inside and outside the Technology Organization to
ensure new features are delivered with the high-quality Pok--mon
fans expect. The Senior Software Engineer will work at various
levels of the technology stack, focusing on back-end services while
serving as a mentor for design, code quality, and process.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No What you'll do
- Partner with all levels of the Technology Organization to
implement and architect a world-class CMS solution to the
- Translate business requirements into engineering tasks that can
be estimated and completed in an Agile software system.
- Document and communicate designs and interfaces with other
engineering team members.
- Write clean, testable, maintainable, and documented code with
high throughput and low error rate.
- Proactively communicate ideas and issues to non-technical
stakeholders. What you'll bring
- 6+ years of experience building and maintaining CMS or
API-driven services used in multi-tiered, scalable web
- 2+ years in a technical lead role with a focus on software
architecture/design and implementation.
- Experience in Python (Django framework preferred), Groovy,
PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or front-end technologies.
- Experience with implementing and supporting an enterprise CMS
- Experience with content localization on modern web
- Experience with AWS services, containerization, and unit test
- Experience with Agile Methodology and Test-Driven Development
- BS Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent working
experience. How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience. What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start
between $151,000 - $179,000. The full range is $151,000 - $227,000.
This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is
intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates' qualifications and professional experience
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of
their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For
roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to
work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to
arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates
to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland.
However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may
consider supporting an employment permit application, in
appropriate and suitable cases. #
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Senior Software Development Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...