Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Providence Jobs - Interface Developer in Renton, Washington,
United States Skip to Main Content Search for Job Title, Keywords
Search for City, State, Zip Code View all Jobs Military Experience
-COVID-19 Advisory - Vaccine Requirement and Hiring Information for
Job Seekers Interface Developer Renton , Washington ReqID: 217758
Job Category: Development/Engineering Schedule: Full time Work
Location: Providence Southgate 2-Renton Shift: Day Apply Now
Apply Here Not Ready to Apply?
Join Our Talent Network Description*We are currently offering
remote work from one of our footprint states which are inclusive of
AK, WA, OR, MT, CA and or TX*Providence is seeking a Interface
Developer who will:
- Posse journey-level knowledge in a technical field or
healthcare operations and can be assigned to several logical
interfaces for development or production support.
- Be responsible for obtaining an in-depth understanding of the
core interface functions and evaluation of requirements for
multiple types of interfaces and can assist on general
troubleshooting for interface production issues.
- Through customer interviews, identify the key data elements and
how they relate to various workflow scenarios.
- Conduct connection, functional and mapped record testing in
preparation for live cut-over and role is accountable for
documenting current interface workflows and projected workflows,
verifying the scope of interfaces and maintaining all associated
project and operational interface documents.
- Build, design and implement new and existing interfaces in the
Bridges and Corepoint environments to support the healthcare
infrastructure in support of patient and physician workflow.
- Adhere to the strict interface team code promotion process as
well and the Providence enterprise change processes.In this
position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manages HL7 messages through Bridges, the Epic interface
- Manages HL7 messages in Corepoint.
- Works within Epic data structure and Chronicle.
- Uses information and analysis to evaluate and report on
specific operational topics.
- Assists other employees with inquiries or problems.
- Leads small to medium internal project work teams.
- Uses professional knowledge and some independent judgment in
making decisions or recommending a course of action.
- Codes in standard scripting language.
- Works with customers to determine and document data needs
- Builds, designs and implements new and existing interfaces to
support healthcare infrastructure in support of patient and
physician work flow.
- Understands and self-teaches on coding methodology.
- Conducts all phases of testing.
- Educates customers, creates documentation as appropriate.
- Works with internal teams to make decisions.
- Uses information and analysis, sometimes complex, to evaluate
and report on specific topics.
- Supports interfaces on an on-going basis through various
- Modifies existing interfaces to support healthcare
infrastructure in support of patient and physician workflow Tracks,
investigates, and resolves system errors.
- Ability to independently prioritize work assignments, meets
- Analyzes current system and procedures and can collaborate to
identify design constraints.Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use mathematical methods or formulas to solve a
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate results to choose the
best solution and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and ability to
accomplish work assignments along with a keen understanding of the
- Ability to negotiate challenging situations with internal and
external customers. Ability to comprehend customer business needs
with respect to operational workflows.
- Anticipates and takes personal responsibility for customer
satisfaction and consistently goes out the way to listen,
understand and support the needs of others in a sensitive manner.
Strong knowledge of current best practices in SDLC and coding
- Performs challenging tasks efficiently and effectively and
anticipates problems and takes corrective action prior to
completing the task.
- Sets challenging objectives and works against self-defined
standards of excellence to continually improve personal
performance. Demonstrates planning and project management
- Proven ability to organize multiple tasks, schedules and
demands to meet shifting priorities. Outstanding written and verbal
communications. Demonstrated skills and ability to work effectively
to build relationships with colleagues, customers and management
through positive and constructive interaction.
- Ability to analyze information gathered by investigation, and
report findings and recommendations.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and data-driven approach.
- Ability to interpret complex statistical data.
- Effective written communication skills as appropriate for the
needs of the audience.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Effective conflict management skills.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers,
executive management, and other stakeholders through positive
interaction and problem identification and resolution.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload
to ensure that timeframes are met and the work is successfully
completed within deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to define, develop, and analyze
performance measures and metrics.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g., MS
Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet, Email).
- Knowledge of basic office practices, procedures, machines and
- Demonstrable working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, word
processing and desktop publishing software.
- Preferred: Ability to analyze and interpret financial
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or
Information Systems or equivalent educ/experience
- CorePoint Level 1 Training and Subsequent standards training
with two successful code promotions to production within 60 days of
- Epic Bridges Certification and successful completion of Epic
Project associated with Bridges Certification within 90 days of
- 4 years of functional experience in a healthcare setting or
relevant information technology experience with at least 3 years of
experience as a System or Application Analyst
- 2 years of basic understanding of the software development life
cycle (SDLC) from requirements through testing and deployment.
- 2 years of demonstrated knowledge of HL7, X12, and/or other
interface or Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) standards.
- Demonstrated experience of successful problem solving with
strong attention to detail and outstanding analytical
- 2 years of experience with at least one scripting language
(SQL, PERL, ObjectScript as examples)Salary Range by
location:NorCal (Napa, Sonoma)Min: $50.74, Max: $81.90Southern
California, NorCal (Humboldt) Alaska (Kodiak, Seward, Valdez)Min:
$45.23, Max: $73.00WA Puget Sound Oregon (Portland) Alaska
(Anchorage)Min: $43.39, Max: $70.03Oregon (Hood River, Medford,
Seaside)Min: $40.45, Max: $65.29Eastern Washington (Richland,
Spokane, Walla Walla)Min: $38.61, Max: $62.32MontanaMin: $34.93,
Max: $56.38TexasMin: $33.09, Max: $53.42Our best-in-class benefits
are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying
well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We
take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of
caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our
communities.About the department you will serve.Providence
Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional
and system support services for all eight regions of Providence
from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission
by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of
specialized expertise.About ProvidenceAt Providence, our strength
lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care for me, ease my way." Working
at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role,
we'll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can
support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.About the
TeamProvidence Shared Services is a service line within Providence
that provides a variety of functional and system support services
for our family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana,
New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on
supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of
services and sharing of specialized expertise.We are committed to
the principle that every workforce member has the right to work in
surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful
discrimination and harassment.We are committed to cultural
diversity and equal employment for all individuals. It is our
policy to recruit, hire, promote, compensate, transfer, train,
retain, terminate, and make all other employment-related decisions
without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious
dress and grooming practices), national origin (including certain
language use restrictions), ancestry, disability (mental and
physical including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (including
cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital
status, age, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic
information, and military and veteran status or any other
applicable legally protected status. We will also provide
reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of
an otherwise qualified caregiver or applicant for employment,
unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship on the
operation of our business.We are a community where all people,
regardless of differences, are welcome, secure, and valued. We
value respect, appreciation, collaboration, diversity, and a shared
commitment to serving our communities. We expect that all workforce
members in our community will act in ways which reflect a
commitment to and accountability for, racial and social justice and
equality in the workplace. As such, we will maintain a workplace
free of discrimination and harassment based on any applicable
legally protected status. We also expect that all workforce members
will maintain a positive workplace free from any unacceptable
conduct which creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work
environment.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age,
creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Pay Range: See
Posting The amounts listed are the base pay range; additional
compensation may be available for this role, such as shift
differentials, standby/on-call, overtime, premiums, extra shift
incentives, or bonus opportunities.Check out our benefits page for
more information about our Benefits and Rewards. Benefits Spotlight
In addition to medical, dental and vision insurance effective on
day one, unique total rewards include:
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Comprehensive wellbeing program
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Care---
- And many more! Check out our benefits page for more
information. Apply Now Providence Caregivers
Apply Here Not Ready to Apply?
Join Our Talent Network
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Renton , Interface Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!