Corporate Counsel, Commercial and Business Affairs
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: -Corporate Counsel, Commercial and Business Affairs
Job Summary: The Legal department at The Pokemon Company
International is looking for an attorney with strong business
affairs and entertainment licensing experience to support
Pok--mon's expanding linear media business. This person will
partner closely with Pok--mon's media production, media sales, and
music administration teams to lead strategic licensing
negotiations, provide day-to-day support for in-house content
production projects, and advise internal clients regarding general
business and contract issues, as well as copyright, technology,
regulatory and related matters.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you'll do
- Lead negotiations for outbound licensing of Pokemon animated
films and series with domestic and international broadcast and
video-on-demand (VOD) partners.
- Serve as primary production counsel to The Pokemon Company
International's (TPCi) in-house media production team.
- Partner with the Associate General Counsel (AGC) and
international business development team to support global media
- Structure, draft and negotiate a wide variety of entertainment
production and licensing agreements.
- Work closely with TPCi's music administration and Intellectual
Property (IP) Clearance teams to holistically advise on IP rights
and licensing strategy.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of contract
templates, policies, and playbooks for in-house media production. -
- - - -
What you'll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional
- J.D. or equivalent degree and bar license in good
- Exceptional drafting, negotiation, communication (written and
verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of talent relations, and guild/ union
- Demonstrable experience innovating new processes to streamline
operations and increase efficiency, transparency, and comprehension
between client teams and legal.
- In-house legal team experience with a company in the
entertainment industry preferred (interactive entertainment
experience and plus)
- Experience working with multinational corporations and/or
client and possessing a strong ability to facilitate cross-cultural
- D. or equivalent degree and bar license in good standing with
the ability to practice law in Washington State.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Code: LG.ATMF.P3
Internal Job Profile: Legal Counsel (IC3)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Corporate Counsel, Commercial and Business Affairs, Legal , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!