Sr. Manager, Corporate Counsel
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: November 14, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Corporate Counsel
Job Summary: The Employment Attorney leads support for day-to-day
employment law responsibilities including providing guidance for
the People team and other stakeholders. - This role also researches
legal and regulatory obligations; works with project teams to
translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process
requirements; establishes and monitors triggers for review; and
develops remediation plans to mitigate risk. These projects may be
driven by new legal and regulatory requirements, new geographies,
employee expansion, solution implementations, or emerging risk
issues, among other things.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
- Provide practical legal advice and counsel to the People team's
professionals on all legal issues regarding employment and labor
law including recruiting and hiring, employment agreement review,
classification, leave and accommodations (ADA/FMLA), and
- Review and manage immigration cases related to candidates and
- Provide labor and employment law advice to key stakeholders,
including senior management.
- Direct and manage internal investigations.
- Develop and/or review legal templates, including employment
letters and separation agreements.
- Provide legal training to new hires and draft and update legal
- Manage and partner with outside counsel on employment issues
and litigation matters.
- Review employment and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
related NDAs, contracts, statements of work and Data Processing
Agreements for legal sufficiency.
- Provide advice to the DEI-CSR leadership and team on all legal
issues. Primary program management responsibility for DEI related
data collection and review.
- Responsible for the employment compliance program, including
management of the Hotline and case management.
- Track relevant legislation and update various employment
related policies and programs, including diversity and inclusion
- Assist with employment related issues involving corporate
acquisitions including recruiting and hiring, employment agreement
review, classification, leave and accommodations (ADA/FMLA), and
terminations. - - - - - -
What you'll bring
- Ten+ (10+) years of relevant professional experience, plus two
(2) years of management experience.
- Membership in good standing with the Washington bar.
- J.D. or equivalent degree and bar license in good
- Exceptional drafting, negotiation, communication (written and
verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience innovating new processes to streamline
operations and increase efficiency, transparency, and comprehension
between client teams and legal.
- In-house legal team experience with a company in interactive
entertainment a plus.
- Experience working with multinational corporations and/or
client and possessing a demonstrably strong ability to facilitate
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $163000.00 - 244000.00. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint
of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Code: LG.ATMF.M4
Internal Job Profile: Corporate Attorney Mgmt (M3)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Sr. Manager, Corporate Counsel, Legal , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!