Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International The Pok--mon
Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon Company in
Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for
brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pok--mon Trading Card
Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official
Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today
is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in
the world. Learn more online at and on Facebook (), YouTube (),
Twitter (), and Instagram (). Get to know the role
- Job Title: Corporate Attorney
- Job Summary: The Legal department at The Pok--mon Company
International is looking for a corporate counsel with commercial
transactions experience to provide legal advice and counsel to the
organization in support of the rapidly growing business. This
person will work directly with the business to structure
agreements, lead strategic negotiations, and provide timely and
coherent day-to-day legal advice to client teams on a broad range
of commercial and regulatory matters.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No What you'll do
- Serve as exceptional front-line legal counsel to client teams
pragmaticlly and collaboratively supporting the needs of the
e-commerce and merchandise production organizations, and provide
legal counsel on general matters pertaining to business affairs and
- Provide exceptional transactional guidance and draft,
structure, and negotiate a variety of commercial and services
- Researches and interprets existing laws and regulations and
anticipated changes to laws to guide informed decisions and reduce
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of contract
templates, policies, playbooks, knowledge-based articles, and
performance measurement tools.
- Work closely with legal team members operating in a matrixed
department to deliver exceptional, holistic advice to client teams.
What you'll bring
- Exceptional drafting, negotiation, communication (written and
verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience innovating new processes to streamline
operations and increase efficiency, transparency, and comprehension
between client teams and legal.
- In-house legal team experience with a company focused in
e-commerce and/or merchandise sourcing and manufacturing is a
- Experience working with multinational corporations and/or
client and possessing a demonstrably strong ability to facilitate
- Experience providing legal support for a rapidly evolving
organization, experiencing dynamic expansion in geography and
- Juris Doctor and bar license in good standing with the ability
to practice law in Washington State.
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant legal experience directly
advising clients in services agreements and commercial
transactions, with proven ability to counsel clients in strategic
commercial negotiations. How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience. What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $83,000.00 - $125,000.00. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. For this role, new hires generally start between
$83,000-$98,800. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of
their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For
roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to
work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to
arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates
to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland.
However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may
consider supporting an employment permit application, in
appropriate and suitable cases.
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Corporate Counsel, Legal , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...