Posted on: March 25, 2020
OverviewPerforms tasks related to the collection of cost data
required to monitor project budget and estimates. Requires the
selection and application of resource monitoring and control
principles, techniques and technical knowledge of construction
project.What you will be doing
- Meets with engineering and field crews to review production
schedule and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are
readily available for production to continue on schedule and within
- Reviews all shop drawings, design specifications, material
requirements and project data through the duration of the project
to ensure quality and contract specification compliance.
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling.
Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or
process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Evaluates daily production, schedule and budget projections to
accurately track project performance. Documents daily activities in
Company approved methods and technologies.
- Updates project schedule weekly for owner and management
reporting. Attends weekly owner meetings; presents on project
production status as needed.
- Perform additional assignments per management s direction.
- Prepares and manages a three-week work plan. Notifies
engineering and project management of any significant schedule
changes and develops solutions to mitigate delays and cost.
- Initiates and manages all Requests for Information (RFIs), as
needed by project.
- Remits accurate project quantities using assigned project cost
coding to ensure project financials are accurately reported.
Manages invoicing with Company accounting team regarding materials,
equipment and subcontractor needs.
- Supports engineering team with quality assurance as needed.
Reviews certificates and permits needed to perform work.
Participates in all worksite tours with leadership or external
- Reviews required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe
and compliance work environment for all construction personnel.
Participates in all weekly safety meetings with field team and
project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Assists the estimating team with project schedule, budget and
cost parameters by providing technical input as needed.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides
technical input, as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as
- Reconciles job close-out checklist with owner representative
and field crews at the end of the project.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.What
we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- 5+ years construction engineering experience required.
- Experience in resource monitoring techniques (i.e. cost
accounting, basic estimating) and construction technology, process
systems and/or structures preferred.
- Specialized, technical knowledge of design build or other
alternative build techniques.
- Able to set clear expectations for direct reports regarding
role and responsibilities.
- Able to delegate and assign work to engineering team to
progress the project production forward.
- Able to manage multiple engineering tasks and progress them all
towards a common goal.
- Advanced knowledge of contract specifications and quality
- Able to identify budget and project costs and recommend options
to mitigate project delays.
- Possess verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of design build and other alternative build
- Knowledge of financial reporting methods, quantity tracking
methods and cost coding.
- Knowledge of construction scheduling and production time
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate
effectively with others.Why work for usSome of the benefits you may
be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramWe are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
employer. Associated topics: building code, calculation, concrete,
department of transportation, draft, remediation, road, roadway,
Keywords: Flatiron, Renton , Project Engineer., Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!