Clinical Lab Scientist - (ASCP OR AMT)
Posted on: February 23, 2021
- Performs pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phase
testing of all complexities as defined by Clinical Laboratory
Improvement Act/Amendment (CLIA) to include specialized tests and
analysis in Microbiology.
- Performs and reports test results for all clinical laboratory
procedures as assigned, both automated and manual, in the clinical
laboratory department, without immediate review by the director,
consultant, or supervisory team.
- Demonstrates proficiency, competency and understanding of
fundamental principles of clinical laboratory procedures with
minimal amount of supervision.
- Monitors and is accountable for test data, quality control,
quality assurance, preventive maintenance, proficiency testing and
all operations related to laboratory testing procedures.
- Notifies Supervisory team of any irregularities of factors,
which may influence test results.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and test methods.
- Identifies and resolves unusual laboratory situations and
notifies appropriate parties within shift.
- Consults with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, etc. on the
technical aspects of methodologies used, appropriateness of test
utilization and interpretation of patient results.
- Instructs new employees and/or Clinical Laboratory Scientist
students in laboratory procedures within area the CLS assigned, in
order that they may develop proficiency and understanding of the
clinical laboratory methodology.
- Provides training, guidance and pertinent technical information
to Laboratory Assistants, support staff, clerks, CLS students and
Medical Center personnel.
- Discusses clinical laboratory problems of mutual interest with
the Supervisory team, and lead technologist in order to develop a
better communication link within the department.
- Participates in work groups to work through problems, issues or
goals of the department.
- Assists in evaluating new tests procedures when requested and
communicates to the Supervisory team the possibilities for their
- As defined by established standards, works in a professional,
cooperative and courteous manner.
- Maintains overall safety (including chemical and biological) of
the department in accordance with established safety, infection
control and procedure protocols.
- Monitors supplies and reagents and notifies appropriate parties
of par levels.
- As necessary and appropriate, may perform any clerical or other
duties of support staff/laboratory assistants that may be assigned
such as performing phlebotomy on inpatients and outpatients.
- Accepts responsibility of assisting in work areas not primarily
- Operates computerized laboratory data
systems/applications.Skills:-Microbiology, ASCPTop Skills
Details:-Medical Technologist-MicrobiologyAdditional Skills &
Qualifications:ASCP or AMT - Preferred 5 years Microbiology
experience. Will be working mostly with bacterial cultures.07:00 AM
to 03:30 PMM-F, occasional Sat, Sun, 7:00am -3:30pmExperience
Level:Expert Level About Aerotek:We know that a company's success
starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's
success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of
Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Renton , Clinical Lab Scientist - (ASCP OR AMT), Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!