SHIFT LEAD - Shari's of Renton
Company: Shari's Restaurant
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Reports To: Manager on Duty
Shift Lead Duties:
- Cover for assistant managers while they are on a meal
- Set up shift using the FOH and BOH logs, make station
assignment and print prep sheets.
- Supervise food production and guest service according to Sharis
- Handle guest complaints on shift and make the General Manager
aware of any concerns.
- Check team member side work and deep cleaning assignments.
- Oversee training that is scheduled on your shift.
- Understand Sharis application process and provide information
to candidates who inquired about applying.
- Report team member performance issues to your General
- Ensure that company policies as stated in handbook are upheld
and incidents are properly reported on your shift.
- Properly complete shift and daily accounting responsibilities.
Follow Sharis Security and Banking Procedures and Sharis Cash
- Other duties as assigned by your General Manager.
- Provide a high level of guest service ensuring that each guest
that dines in your sections has a positive and memorable
- Make an effort to recognize regular guests and provide personal
service based on the guests need.
- Warmly acknowledge and greets guests as they arrive at the
restaurant, escort and seat guests at an appropriate table.
- Maintain full menu knowledge to answer guests questions and
suggest appropriate food and beverages.
- Take guests orders and accurately input them into the
restaurant order system.
- Prepare and serve soups, salads, beverages and desserts using
the correct timing, service techniques and portions.
- Inspect orders prior to delivery to ensure quality, accuracy
and add proper garnishes, such as dressing, rolls and sauces.
- Maintain the guest dining experience by checking back,
refilling beverages, pre-bussing plates and offering dessert.
- Present an accurate guest check and sincerely thank the guest
for dining at Sharis and offer an invitation to provide
- Clean and reset tables.
- Assist with cashing out restaurant guests.
- Assist with the input, preparation and assembly of takeout
- Assist with the preparation and decoration of pies.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including proper hygiene
and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to take over
- Demonstrate a positive and professional relationship with
coworkers and the management team, graciously offer and accept help
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and notify
management of any guest complaint.
- Keep your station neat and organized, complete side work during
- Protect restaurant guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and
alcohol beverage control policies
- In Oregon restaurants, assist with late night, lottery
functions including drop box security tasks.
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as
requested by the manager at any time.
1. Commitment to quality guest service, and food and beverage
2. Be personable, self-confident and generally likable. Be
optimistic and enthusiastic about what you do.
3. Ability to work calmly and effectively under verifying
degrees of busyness.
4. Ability to work in a team environment.
5. Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and the ability to
memorize and recall order codes, portions and plating
6. Meet productivity standards and complete work using time
- Language Ability - Ability to read, write, speak and
understand English well. Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Math Ability - Ability to add and subtract two-digit
numbers and count back appropriate change. Ability to perform these
operations using units of United States money and weight
measurement, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or
oral, form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
variables in situations.
- Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in both
positive and negative situations. Speak effectively with guests,
coworkers and management. Approach others in a tactful manner.
- Permits Obtain and maintain required food handler and
alcohol service permits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is
required to stand for 10 consecutive minutes at a time for 2-4
hours. Employee will walk for 5 consecutive minutes at a time for
2-6 hours. Employee will be able to sit approximately every 2
hours. Employee will continuously be performing hand and wrist work
including grasping. Employee will frequently bend and twist.
Employee will occasionally push and pull, do fine hand
manipulation, reach above the shoulder and kneel or squat. The
position seldom requires climb/stairs. Employee will continuously
lift or carry 0-10 pounds; frequently lift or carry 11-15 pounds
and rarely lift 16-20 pounds.
Keywords: Shari's Restaurant, Renton , SHIFT LEAD - Shari's of Renton, Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!