Posted on: May 3, 2021
Work and train with the industry's finest professionals!
Flatiron's Intern Program provides challenging and rewarding work
opportunities for college students majoring in Civil Engineering
and Construction Management. We are looking for candidates to fill
open positions in ourWest Division.
As an Intern, you will be given the opportunity to apply your
academic training and skills in a real-world setting at any number
of project locations. In addition, you will assist the project
manager, project engineer, and the rest of the on-site construction
staff in the application of principles, methods, and techniques of
engineering technology by performing any combination of the
following duties at a project job site.
Field engineer interns will be required to have a working
knowledge of the entire project, including plan interpretation,
project specifications, project cost code knowledge, and the
overall construction schedule. In performing any number or
combination of the following tasks, you shall support published
corporate policies, set a productive and consistent work example,
and be responsible to follow up on all tasks assigned.
What you will be doing
- Assist with evaluation of field conditions and acceptance
- Support quality assurance and quality control engineering
- Apply survey knowledge to assist with project layout and
checking of work to confirm work is in conformance with plans and
- Review project drawings and coordinate any design changes
- Provide document control assistance for correspondence,
submittals, design releases etc.
- Initiate engineering design clarifications
- Perform quantity tracking and productivity analysis for
maximization of operation efficiency
- Assist with preparing and updating project schedule and
interact will all involved in scheduling decision processes
- Respond to field for design clarification, and manage
subcontractors field operations and verify contract payments
- Provide design assistance to the project engineer for the
design of temporary structures using computer aided design
What we are looking for
- Field engineer interns/co-ops are required to be currently
enrolled in Engineering, Construction Management or a similar
program at an accredited technical college or university
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Salary Min Salary Max
Keywords: Flatiron, Renton , Intern Engineer, Other , renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!