FT-CDL Delivery Driver
Company: Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What You Will Do
All Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while
maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the
products customers need. As a Delivery Driver, this means:
- Being friendly, professional, and responding quickly to
customer and associate needs.
- Verifying that merchandise is in good condition, accurately
accounted for, and delivered to customers on-time.
- Inspecting delivery vehicles and ensuring the safety and
security of the loading and unloading process.
The Delivery Driver plays a critical role in ensuring on-time,
accurate, and safe deliveries, while providing exceptional service
to our customers in their homes. This associate has the opportunity
many times each day to leave a final positive impression with our
customers and the purchasing experience. This associate builds
positive relationships with customers every day and ensures their
needs are met. Most of this associate's day is spent driving,
inspecting, loading and unloading merchandise, and assisting with
The Delivery Driver contacts customers to confirm delivery
details, determines placement of merchandise, follows safety and
lifting protocols during deliveries, and conducts safety reviews.
Additionally, this associate must follow DOT and CDL regulations,
including DOT physicals, to keep themselves and others safe while
Travel Requirements: This role requires frequent traveling
between stores and customer sites within the district; at times may
need to travel outside of district.
What We're Looking For
- Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours per week,
more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of
- Requires travel between stores and customer sites within the
district to deliver merchandise; at times may need to travel
outside of district.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged
standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance;
may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
- Valid Class A CDL
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition,
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to comply with DOT and CDL regulations.
- Valid medical certificate or ability to obtain one upon
- Ability to pass MVR screen in accordance with company
- 3 months of experience operating a forklift or Moffett
onloading/offloading a vehicle.
- 1 year of experience driving a semi-truck/trailer OR
certification from a driving school.
- 6 months of experience performing in-home delivery OR retail
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson
license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the
requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting
employment in this position.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and
administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran
status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable
Keywords: Lowe's Companies, Inc., Renton , FT-CDL Delivery Driver, Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!