Company: Renton Technical College
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Nursing Instructor | Government Jobs page has loaded.
Reporting directly to the Dean of Nursing, this instructor is
responsible teaching portions of the curriculum to beginning and
advanced students; perform clinical instructor duties in acute or
long term care settings, participate in program curricula
development, work with nursing colleagues in a team setting, under
the direction and supervision of the Dean in accordance with
College policies. Other professional responsibilities include:
maintaining office hours at times convenient to the students;
serving as an ad hoc member of the program's advisory committee;
serving on departmental and college committees; participating in
professional improvement activities; and other related duties as
may be assigned by the Dean.
This full-time, tenure track position is responsible for 40 hours
per week of instruction and related professional duties in our
Nursing program, Monday through Friday. The salary for this
position is $93,720. for a 9 month contract. Summer quarter (29
days) contracts are issued separately. Additional stipend for
earned Master's, $834 or PhD, $1,668. This position is scheduled to
begin upon selection.
Renton Technical College, located southeast of Seattle, has
provided quality education in a variety of occupations for over 75
years. Our professional-technical certificate and degree programs
offer entry and mid-level training in the areas of allied health,
trades and industry, culinary, business, technology and automotive.
Our outstanding college & career pathways program with classes in
adult basic education, English as a second language, and GED
preparation is available to those who need additional preparation
prior to entering a training program and for those who simply wish
to improve their math and English skills. Career Education and
apprenticeships degrees round out our offerings. As an Achieving
the Dream and an Aspen Institute top 10 finalist for the Aspen
Prize for Community College Excellence, RTC is also proud to be a
Military Friendly School, serving those who chose to serve.
Renton Technical College is committed to increasing its
cultural diversity with an emphasis on equity and inclusion among
its faculty and staff. The students that we serve come from a
variety of backgrounds and are over 60% of color. We strongly
encourage members of historically minoritized groups, veterans, and
bi- or multi-lingual individuals to apply for this position to help
meet the needs of our diverse students and service
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions Include
- Provide leadership in working to improve access and successful
educational outcomes for diverse student populations, especially
historically marginalized and undeserved groups.
- Support the Colleges mission by creating a learning environment
of mutual respect and fairness, while encouraging creative and
critical thinking through an equity lens.
- Demonstrate multicultural competence (including an awareness
and understanding of historically disadvantaged populations) and
create an educational environment that affirms commitment to
equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Effectively teach portions of the adopted curriculum for the
registered nurse, associated degree program, including but not
limited to, basic nursing skills, theory related to growth and
development throughout the life cycle, medical surgical nursing,
pharmacology, and psychology and maternal and child nursing.
- Provide for the orderly conduct of program learning activities,
individual student learning needs, and the appropriate evaluation
of student progress towards attaining the learning objectives.
- Develop and update curriculum as required by the College to
respond to industry trends and to improve equitable student
- Maintain office hours convenient to students.
- Participate in recruiting and job placement activities for
students with varied backgrounds and career goals.
- Assume responsibility for the teaching-learning process of
students in the laboratory and clinical settings.
- Provide clinical instruction for students by:
- Coordinating with the clinical facility the orientation and
scheduling of students.
- Supervising activities of students in the clinical
- Evaluating student achievement in terms of clinical
- Preparing and presenting pre- and post-conference programs for
students in the clinical facility.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with
students, staff and clinical partners.
- Design inclusive instructional strategies, including classroom,
small groups and individualized instruction, to reach all students,
and select and evaluate the materials needed to implement these
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership or participation in institutional
programs with persons from diverse backgrounds such as sexual
orientation, racial, ethnic, religious, linguistic, gender, age,
socioeconomic, physical and learning abilities, and a commitment to
an inclusive and equitable working / learning environment.
- Masters degree with a major in Nursing. Applicant with a BSN
currently enrolled in a Master of Nursing with an anticipated
graduation date within the next academic year may be
- Have three years of recent clinical experience in an acute care
- Minimum of one year of experience in nursing education.
- Specialty in OB experience is preferred
- Knowledge of disparities in access and outcomes in health care;
knowledge of research around impact of bias; detriments of social
environment on health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and
- Ability to design learning experiences that are interactive and
respectful of cultural differences.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals whose first
language is not English.
- Ability to work effectively and engage with adult
- Working with online learning management systems to further
engage the student learning process desirable.
- Documentation of current immunization (CDC recommendations) and
health requirements within 6 months of hire date is required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Have or acquire within 90 days of initial employment a current
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- A current Washington State nursing license, or the ability to
obtain one within 30 days from hire date, is required.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to work
professionally and effectively with students, faculty, staff,
colleagues and community partners.
- Demonstrated attention to detail required as well as previous
experience maintaining accurate records, managing multiple tasks,
and planning and organizing work in order to meet changing
priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to represent the college in a positive and professional
manner, while using tact, discretion and courtesy.
- Speaker of a language in addition to English is preferred
preference for top spoken languages in the RTC service area
(Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, Somali, Chinese).
Terms of Employment
The person hired is required to provide authorization for
employment in the United States.
All offers of employment are contingent to background
checks, including employment and required degree/credential
verification. Information from the background check will not
necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in
determining the applicants suitability and competence to perform
successfully in the position. Finalists are mandated to complete
the Sexual Misconduct Disclosure form as required under RCW
28B.112.080. Post offer, per-employment criminal background checks
are also required.
For questions regarding this position contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
425-235-2296 / email@example.com 425-235-2475
Renton Technical College provides equal opportunity in education
and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental
disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion,
honorably discharged veterans or military status, or use of a
trained guide dog or service animal, as required by Title VI of the
Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of
1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Sections 504
and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with
Disabilities Act and ADA Amendment Act, the Age Discrimination Act
of 1975, the Violence Against Women Re-authorization Act and
Washington State Law Against Discrimination, Chapter 49.60 RCW and
their implementing regulations. The following college official has
been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination
policies: Title IX / EEO Coordinator, Vice President of Human
Resources 3000 NE 4th Street Renton, WA 98056 (425)235-7873,
JeanneClerystatement: Notice of Availability
of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report: In compliance with
JeanneCleryDisclosure of Campus Security Policy
and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of the College's
commitment to safety and security on campus, Renton Technical
College reports the mandate information about current campus
policies concerning safety and security issues, the required
statistics, and other related information for the past three (3)
calendar years. Renton Technical College's Annual Safety and Fire
Report is available online at:
For information on how to access the RTC Daily Crime Log follow
this link: https://www.rtc.edu/node/4321
We acknowledge that RTC sits uninvited on the ancestral
land of the Puget Salish people, including
andMuckleshoot Nations. We are
grateful to the original inhabitants of this land, upon which we
gather and dialogue. We also acknowledge our increasingly virtual
world, in which RTCs work is done across multiple indigenous lands,
in some cases, away from Puget Salish territories. We thank the
original caretakers of our local lands and waters, who are still
Beyond acknowledgment, we each have an obligation to learn
about and support our local tribes. Find out how on our resources
page, which includes scholarships for Indigenous
Keywords: Renton Technical College, Renton , Nursing Instructor, Other , renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!