Pharmacy Cashier Part Time
Company: Bartell Drugs
Posted on: June 6, 2021
EDUCATIONAL, CERTIFICATE and LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Active Pharmacy Assistant license required.
- Six months of prior retail experience preferred.
- 18 years of age or older required.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that may include
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers,
decimals, fractions, percentages, and dollars.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend
EXPERIENCE, SKILL and ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing with frequent walks of a short distance.
- Occasionally lift up to 20 lbs. from floor to chest. Frequently
lift 1-2 lbs. from floor to 7ft.
- Frequently bend or stoop to stock below waist level shelves and
to remove merchandise. Crouching, twisting, or pivoting at the
waist and kneeling or squatting to low shelves is often
- Frequent repetitive hand movements and fine finger manipulation
to operate cash register and the Pharmacy keyboard and mouse.
- Constant handling and grasping of merchandise, containers,
Come Join the Team at Bartell Drugs, The Northwest's Best Loved
Drugstore! Northwest grown for 130 years and counting.
Are you looking to begin a career in health care? Our pharmacy
cashier role might be a perfect fit for you! After a simple
certification process, you'll begin working behind the pharmacy
counter, ringing up patients at the register, and learning all
about a successful high-volume pharmacy operation. Many of our
Pharmacy Cashiers go on to become Pharmacy Technicians, with
ever-increasing responsibilities and opportunities for growth.
The Pharmacy Cashier plays a critical role of establishing rich
one-on-one relationships with our guests. They fulfill many needs
around prescription and order processing, and have excellent
attention to detail.
- Builds guest confidence through patient understanding, and by
providing a positive, friendly and helpful service to each
- Run the cash register, taking refill and new prescription
orders via the counter and phone, advising patients on wait times
and insurance coverage issues.
- Answer general customer questions regarding pharmacy or store
information, both at the register and via the phone.
- Ensures that each guest receives the appropriate counseling
from the Pharmacist and all necessary information concerning their
- Support the pharmacy team by assisting with ordering,
restocking, creating and updating purchase orders, acknowledging
invoices, generating prescription labels, stocking the pharmacy
- Support store operations by working in the front of the store
as directed by the pharmacy manager
- Maintain a clean and orderly space for the pharmacy team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Hourly DOE
- Reimbursement for your yearly license fee!
Keywords: Bartell Drugs, Renton , Pharmacy Cashier Part Time, Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!