Social Worker (Home Health)
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Assured Home Health is
hiring a Social Worker to join our team!
The Social Worker (MSW) in Home Health assists patients and
families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term
illness, and with difficulties in recovery and rehabilitation. The
Social Worker (MSW) will assess, diagnose, and treat patient's
mental and social conditions, counsel individuals and|or families,
and update case records. The licensed social worker with
a master's degree performs these functions under the
supervision of the licensed master's degreed social worker.
Health, a part of LHC Group. is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared
purpose: It's all about helping
LHC Group has received a A+ Culture score
and won the following awards: 2021 Best Teams/Sales, 2021 Best
Teams/Operations, 2021 Best Company/Outlook, 2020 Best Company for
Women and 2020 Best Company Culture.
LHC Group is a national Home Health
organization with over 800 agencies with 28,000 employees in 37
Providing excellent benefits: medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, HSA/FSA, 401K, short term & long
term disability, tuition reimbursement, PTO and continuing
Our positions offers flexible
- Assists the patient, significant others, physician, and health
care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional,
environmental, and social factors and difficulties related to the
patient's health problems; which interfere with maximizing the
benefit of medical services and the plan of care.
- Contributes as a health care team member to the development of
comprehensive, integrated treatment plans for patients.
- Instructs health care team members on community resources
available to assist patients.
- Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community
- Assesses and treats social and emotional factors related to
patient's illness to determine ability to cope with daily living
- Assists the patient and significant others to understand,
accept, follow, and implement medical recommendations.
- Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing
community resources which will help the patient to achieve and
maintain optimal functioning.
- Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource
development and/or improvement.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a
progress note for each visit; and submits progress notes to the
agency on an at least weekly basis.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides in-service to agency staff as needed
- Sends the physician a written summary report on patient's
condition at least every 60 days
- All other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the
Council of Social Work Education.
- One year of social work experience in a healthcare
- Current CPR certification.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Additional State Specific Requirements
- WA: If not licensed as a social worker, Agency Affiliated
Counselor credential is required.
Keywords: LHC Group, Renton , Social Worker (Home Health), Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!