Nurse Educator - Per Diem
Company: Overlake Hospital
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Compassionate Care for Every Life We Touch
Overlake Medical Center & Clinics is seeking a Nurse
Educator to to join our team of highly skilled, passionate
and engaged educators.
In this role you serve as the primary skill trainer for nursing
orientation, equipment in-services and fill in whenever an
educator is needed in our nursing programs.
The Nurse Educator will be responsible for planning, developing
implementing, and evaluation educational programs and activities
based on the assessed learning needs of the department staff in
conjunction with the Director, Nurse Manager, Unit supervisors, and
Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Assess the orientation, training, and education needs of
the department staff.
- Assist with developing orientation & training plans for
both current and new employees to maintain staff competencies and
ensure provision of quality nursing
- Conduct or facilitate staff in-services as
- Ensure that educational activities are compliant with all
relevant regulatory standards.
- Provide consultation and education to the department staff in
such areas as new equipment, procedures, mandatory annual reviews,
BLS, ACLS, orientation, cross training, and continuing
- Participates in policy development and implementation, and
internal and external education opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required. MSN
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the State
- Health Care Provider CPR Certification.
- Three years nursing experience in acute healthcare setting
- Charge Nurse experience preferred.
- Education experience preferred.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles to support nursing
education and training activities preferred.
- Self-directed, ability to work both independently and
collaboratively with hospital community.
- Ability for public speaking and development/delivery of
- Demonstrated effective leadership and interpersonal
- MS Office Suite skills, Internet and associated computer
skills (intermediate skill level required )
The Power of Excellence
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally
when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. Our people
will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team
of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation
as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to
providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive
and collaborative environment.
Applications now being accepted for those individuals committed
to providing EXCELLENCE to our GROWING Eastside Community.
Overlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our
Keywords: Overlake Hospital, Renton , Nurse Educator - Per Diem, Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!