Specialist Workplace Safety
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 11, 2022
PREFER WORKPLACE SAFETY EXPERIENCE IN HEALTHCARE.
The Workplace Safety (WPS) Specialist is responsible for supporting
the successful implementation and execution of the Kaiser
Permanente safety strategy, supporting all aspects of the safety
management system to create sustainability, and addressing injuries
and hazards in all areas. The WPS Specialist partners effectively
within a labor and management partnership (LMP) environment and
ensures facility safety teams are building local expertise,
capacity to support the safety management system, and driving
sustainability at the local level. The Specialist will provide
safety consultation to key stakeholders, program and project
management support, performance improvement guidance, and analytic
- Assists management in the execution of the workplace safety
strategy, implements and monitors progress of the safety management
system, and provides recommendations to ensure program
sustainability and results in reducing workplace injuries and
hazards across the region. Collaborates in an LMP environment,
builds effective relationships, aligns stakeholders, and
communicates clearly verbally and in writing to support the
implementation of the strategy. Demonstrates independent decision
making and strategic thought partnership to management and the
- Independently and/or in partnership conduct audits, provide
support to the workforce in identifying and eliminating workplace
hazards, and monitor safety action plans. Perform root cause
analysis on significant accidents/events and evaluate all other
injuries to ensure root cause is identified and risks are
- Delivers information about WPS purpose, desired outcomes,
policies, guidelines, and performance standards to ensure
department level teams understand and perform their role in a safe
- Independently and proactively analyzes data, identifies trends,
and prepares reports for management and a wide array of
stakeholders to drive safety performance.
- Collaborates with other safety stakeholders (i.e. Facilities,
construction management, environmental health, etc.) to ensure a
safe working environment for the workforce.
- Stays current on safety science and certifications to ensure
best practices are implemented within the organization to support a
culture of safety.
- Develops and conducts safety training and education across the
region as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum two (2) years of safety work experience in supporting
complex work sites, job hazard analysis, analytics and reporting,
training, and monitoring safety performance.
Bachelor's degree in occupational safety, environmental science,
related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related
High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
Understanding of safety concepts gained through active
participation with a safety committee or program).
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, as well as
within a team, to deliver high quality results. Promotes an open
environment, good morale and cooperation, and models LMP behaviors.
Demonstrates the ability to manage interpersonal conflict.
Demonstrates ability to quickly and thoroughly assimilate complex
information and use it to assist teams in learning processes and to
solve complex issues.
Demonstrates excellent organization, ability to multi-task, and
manage time and project efficiently to deliver results.
- Must be willing to travel extensively in assigned Region.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to write reports and effectively deliver presentations
and training required.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and achieving
high quality results.
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly assimilate complex
information and use it to assist teams in learning processes.
- Works cooperatively with and is an effective member of a
- Promotes an open environment, good morale and cooperation, and
to model LMP behaviors.
HoursPerWeek : 40
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Schedule :
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-WA-04-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : QA, UR & Case Management
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Renton , Specialist Workplace Safety, Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!