Localization Specialist - Japanese/English (18-Months Fixed Term Contract)
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Localization Specialist II
Job Summary: This role is responsible for translating Japanese game
text and game related documents into English. Understanding
localization processes is essential, and the candidate should have
an appreciation for the importance of localization.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you'll do
- Translate and proofread a wide variety of computer
games-related materials, such as in-game text, templates,
packaging, press releases, strategy guide articles, and all other
marketing materials. May get involved in Pok--mon TCG localization
- Take a lead role for projects as needed, including the shared
responsibility of conforming to the developers' vision while
maintaining a comprehensive picture of the project's timeline and
- Provide input and cultural perspectives in development meetings
with other localization professionals.
- Ensure consistency regarding the use of terminology.
- Playtest to confirm in-game text context for accurate
- Interact daily with other translators, editors, and
- Report progress regularly to in-house management.
- May write strategy guide articles based on spec. documents and
test play. - - - - - -
What you'll bring
- 3-4 years of translation experience from Japanese to
- Japanese and English speaking and writing abilities at a
near-native level is required.
- Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn
new tools is required.
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task
various projects at the same time.
- Experienced with role playing video gaming (playing or
translating) is required; experience with the Pok--mon video game
is a plus.
- Experienced with trading card games (playing or translating) is
- Programming experience (especially VBA) is a plus.
- Willing to adopt to new process/tools and consult senior
members is a strong plus.
- Able to work flexibly in an environment that features tight
deadlines and shifting schedules.
- Native-speaker level in language of expertise and fluency in
English are required.
- Ability to learn how to use specialized technical programs
quickly. Pok--mon brand knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of SDL Trados is a plus.
- Experience in the gaming industry is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
-An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Code: EN.TPLL.P2
Internal Job Profile: Localization Specialist (IC2)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Renton , Localization Specialist - Japanese/English (18-Months Fixed Term Contract), Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!