Transportation Engineering Internship
Company: City of Renton Washington
Posted on: November 16, 2022
$20.00 - $25.00 Hourly
1055 South Grady Way Renton WA 98057, WA
PW - Transportation
2022 PW TEI
Please note: this internship is open until filled with a first
review on August 1, 2022.
The City of Renton's Transportation Systems division has four
exciting internship opportunities available for current college
students that have an interest and intention of working in the
transportation field. The areas and workgroups this internship may
support are Operations, Planning, Design, or Maintenance. This is a
temporary position, limited to a one-year duration, and is
anticipated to be full time during the summer months and part time
during the school year. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Collect data in the field, including traffic and travel volumes
as well as data on transportation hardware and infrastructure.
- Create, maintain, and update data files.
- Prepare graphic displays, maps, and photographs.
- Perform engineering analysis and other basic engineering
calculations, and other routine duties relating to engineering
- Assist coworkers in routine office and field tasks.
- Convey vehicles to and from maintenance facilities.
- Maintain inventory of tools, vehicles, and equipment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and computer skills, particularly with
Word and Excel.
- Maintain regular, reliable, and punctual attendance.
- Work flexible evening and/or weekend hours as required.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Understand and read engineering and other cartographic maps,
representing multiple data sets.
- Operate a variety of office and field equipment, i.e.,
computer, copier, minor tools.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college pursuing a
Bachelor's or Master's degree in civil engineering, urban planning,
public relations, or closely related program of study.
- Valid driver's license.
- Successful passing of a required background check.
- Successful passing of a required driving record check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Drive to offsite locations to perform essential functions.
- Move throughout City facilities and buildings.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all weather
- Outdoor work is performed on city streets, right-of-way and in
high traffic areas.
- Ability to lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stoop and bend for periods of time.Approved
reasonable accommodation requests will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
The City of Renton is dedicated to building an inclusive, informed
city, with opportunities for all. In alignment with that goal, the
City has adopted an anonymous application process that prevents
hiring managers from seeing personal identifiers, including names,
other similar information. This eliminates the possibility of
unintentional or implicit bias during the initial screening of
applications. For that reason, you will not have the ability to
attach any documents to your application, including a cover letter
or resume. Please make sure to submit a complete, detailed, and
updated job application.
Communication from the City of Renton:
We primarily communicate via e-mail during the recruitment process.
E-mails from rentonwa.gov and/or governmentjobs.com should be
placed on your safe domain list to ensure you receive notifications
in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check
your junk e-mail folders.
Keywords: City of Renton Washington, Renton , Transportation Engineering Internship, Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!