Senior Game Designer
Company: Wizards of the Coast
Posted on: November 20, 2022
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world
through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like
Magic: The Gathering - and Dungeons & Dragons - to our growing
multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster
friendship and connection. That's where you come in! On Magic: The
Gathering - Arena's feature team, we work with a broad group of
designers, artists, engineers, and QA to translate the tabletop
experience of new Magic the Gathering sets to a compelling digital
experience for an enormous, thriving community. As a part of this
team, you will be directly involved in shaping the experience for
millions of passionate Magic players. If you are a Senior Game
Designer who loves Magic: The Gathering and wants to help build
exciting new products and experiences that enrich the Magic
experience while working with fantastic people at Wizards of the
Coast, then this is the job for you! What You'll Do:
- Craft a set of exciting game features and systems end-to-end
from the design side, concepting and building them with an eye
toward engagement, retention, and monetization.
- Own the process of pursuing new features to hit product goals,
from initial ideation to building out complete specs,
collaborating, and soliciting feedback from other designers and the
implementation team for improvements.
- Guide an interdisciplinary implementation team through the
development and iteration of features.
- Collaborate with production to scope, prioritize, and schedule
- Collaborate with programmers, artists, other designers, and QA
to deliver on the scheduled feature development plan.
- Evaluate the performance features and develop plans to improve
problem areas and build on successes.
- Mentor other designers and team members in the fundamentals of
elegant design, feedback triage, and adaptive design.
- Represent digital game development with solid knowledge of game
industry trends, the technical aspects of game design, and the
needs of Magic: The Gathering - Arena players. What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional design/development experience with at
least 2 shipped titles.
- Play experience with Magic: The Gathering or equivalent other
- Experience implementing designs in Unity or equivalent
- Live game services knowledge.
- Experience in feature design and crafting fun gameplay that
drives social engagement.
- Knowledge of Magic: The Gathering's digital offerings.
- Able to function and lead in an Agile development
- Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, UX,
production, and business personnel.
- Desire to build the best-in-class game in this genre and a
passion for Magic: The Gathering. We are an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action Employer The above is intended to describe the
general content of and the requirements for satisfactory
performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an
exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or
requirements of the position. We will ensure that individuals with
disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate
in the job application or interview process, to perform essential
job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application
process and need to request an accommodation, please let your
recruiter or coordinator know.
Keywords: Wizards of the Coast, Renton , Senior Game Designer, Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!