Pharmacist Infusion Services - Per Diem
Posted on: March 8, 2023
Compounding experience (chemo or non-chemo mixing) is preferred
-Job Summary:Pharmacists at Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of
Washington ensure that patients receive safe and effective, optimal
medication therapy while providing expertise and information to
empower patients and prescribers to make informed choices in
medication therapy. Pharmacists ensure that pharmacy care is
coordinated with the patient care plan.Essential
- Interprets prescription orders and dispenses drugs and devices.
Counsels patients using clear and effective communication skills
and providing written information as necessary. Ensures patient
safety by identifying opportunities to prevent unusual occurrences;
consistently performs safety checks when dispensing medications;
and takes appropriate steps to resolve and report unusual
occurrences. Demonstrates dedication to evidence-based medicine by
using appropriate references to form recommendation to patients and
providers; clearly communicates rationale around mediation therapy
selection: stays current on clinical initiatives and priorities:
and evaluates clinical appropriateness of medication therapy.
- Supervises pharmacy assistants, technicians, interns and
externs in all aspects of daily pharmacy workflow including the
appropriate processing and releasing of prescriptions and customer
- Provides medical, nursing and other clinical staff with
information regarding medication use management, drug therapy,
preferred protocols and guidelines to include therapeutic values,
hazards and uses of medications.
- Ensures the proper and safe storage of medications and keeps
accurate records of such. - -Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working in a pharmacy
practice environment using current technology.Education
- Bachelors degree in pharmacy or PharmD required.License,
- Pharmacist License (Washington) required at hire -Additional
- Ability to use available resources and tools efficiently and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Adequate current knowledge of major medication therapy,
drug-drug interactions, and disease states.
- Ability to evaluate clinical appropriateness of medication
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- May be required to travel to other Kaiser Foundation Health
Plan of Washington locations as needed. -Preferred
- Prefer one (1) year of experience interacting with an
interdisciplinary team including physicians.
- Prefer knowledge of managed care health systems and
evidence-based medicine theories.Job Schedule: Job Category:
Keywords: Kaiser, Renton , Pharmacist Infusion Services - Per Diem, Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...