Inspector Integral Fuel Cells A - 59007
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes has an
exciting opportunity for an Inspector Integral Fuel Cells A to join
one of our teams in the Puget Sound region!Inspectors in this
position perform in-process, end item and shakedown inspections of
integral fuel cell structure, sealant, paint application, and
pressure test for conformance with applicable drawings,
specifications, and plan and customer requirements.Position
- Position will require working in confined spaces of the wing
- Employees crawl through an opening 10 inches X 18 inches in
order to get inside the fuel cell.
- Ensure that appropriate revisions of drawings and other
documents are being used.
- Review and verify manufacturing plans and other work
instructions for completeness.
- Ensure all parts/assemblies have been installed per the
drawing, specification and plan using applicable mathematical
calculations and precision measuring tools.
- Inspect electrical and plumbing assemblies.
- Verify sealants, primers and finishes are applied per drawing
and specifications and parts/assemblies have been properly cleaned
(interior and exterior).
- Witness and document functional tests (e.g., pneumatic pressure
test, vacuum test) of aircraft components and/or systems per
specifications, engineering requirements and operating procedures
to detect location and extent of any leaks.
- Verify fuel tank sealant repair after initial fueling of
aircraft by assisting flight line personnel.
- Identify and document discrepancies as necessary.
- Note discrepant condition(s) and location(s) citing drawing,
specification, or plan requirements.
- Process QA records per appropriate procedures to maintain
- Indicate QA acceptance on the appropriate work instructions per
appropriate procedures and policies.
- Verify record and reinspect removals/reinstallation of parts
and assemblies and or installations.
- Audit time/temperature sensitive materials (e.g., sealants,
primers, finishes) and ensure correct material is being used per
drawing and specification.
- Perform appropriate tests on sealants and finishes (e.g.,
litmus tests, durometer hardness) per specifications and
- Maintain personal and tool certifications.
- Work with customers and consult others (e.g., production,
engineering, planning, customer coordinator) on process or job
related issues.This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The
selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the
listed location options.The position must meet Export Control
compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22
C.F.R. -- 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen,
lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications
- Experience as a Quality Inspector
- Ability to walk constantly throughout the workday; stand 6-8
hours per day; climb or work from stairs/steps up to 8 hours per
day; climb ladders; bend and twist frequently up to six hours per
day; squat and kneel
- Ability to complete Fall Protection Training
- Capable of working in confined spaces and fit through a 10
inches X 18 inches oval opening
- Ability to use a respirator or have been respirator
certifiedPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sealing experience preferredTypical Education:High school
graduate or GED preferred.Relocation:This position is located in a
location that does not offer relocation.-- Candidates must live in
the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Shift:This
position is for variable shifts.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a
Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland
must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in
the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
- This is an hourly position governed by the International
Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining
agreement.Summary pay range: $ 26.50 - $45.30At Boeing, we strive
to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and
retain the top talent.-- Elements of the Total Rewards package
include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities.--The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees
with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs,
generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts,
health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and
disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.--The specific
programs and options available to any given employee may vary
depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date
of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining
agreementsPlease note that the salary information is a general
guideline only.-- Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerationsEqual
Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Renton , Inspector Integral Fuel Cells A - 59007, Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...