Company: Flatiron Construction Corp
Posted on: September 15, 2023
As a Civil Superintendent, you will schedule, coord inate and
supervise production and workforce engaged in one assigned project
task on the I-405 Renton to Bellevue expansion project, a $730
million WSDOT project funded by the Connecting Washington package.
This project consists of widening the current I-405 freeway from SR
167 in Renton to Northeast Sixth Street in Bellevue to add a lane
in each direction creating a dual express lane system, adding a new
southbound auxiliary lane in the I-90 to 112 th Avenue Southeast
area, improving many interchanges along the I-405 corridor, and
building part of the Eastrail Regional Corridor pedestrian and
bicycle trail along Lake Washington.
- Supervises assigned project work and liaises between
engineering, estimating, and workforce to ensure project compliance
with contract drawings and specifications.
- Plans work methods, materials, equipment needs and work
schedule for assigned project work. Reviews daily work schedule
with direct reports and updates weekly schedule from project
- Reviews and understands the project specifications to support
job set up activities. Works with work crews, field engineers and
local utility companies to identify hazardous areas on job
- Forecasts the work schedule to identify possible issues and
provides technical or scheduling recommendations to mitigate
- Provides technical input to identify and resolve project risks
including construction methods, work plan and material
requirements, safety and schedule activities. Documents daily
activities and meeting notes using Company approved document
- Performs additional assignments per management's
- Presents production work plan during initial project meeting to
ensure all project crews and leaders are in alignment.
- Coordinates with internal equipment team and external vendors
to ensure that project work is equipped with appropriate equipment
and material quantities to complete production within assigned
budget and schedule.
- Coordinates with internal and external departments to ensure
all mandated inspections are completed within requested
- Supports and promotes strict adherence to safety and process
controls regarding operating equipment, worksite safety and
documentation requirements. Responsibility includes recommending
training needs identified on jobsite.
- Supervises sub-contractor production and workforce regarding
assigned project work. Recommends work schedule or work method
adjustments regarding sub-contractor activities, as needed.
- Coordinates project close out activities in line with Company
standards and Owner checklist requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
- 5+ years of heavy civil construction experience required.
- 3+ years construction management experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree a plus.
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and
- Advanced knowledge of construction site safety protocols and
proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of local union or prevailing wage
rules, if applicable.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards and contract
specific plans and specifications.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistics, and fundamentals geometry. Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Some of the benefits you may be eligible
for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
employer. USD $135,000.00/Yr.USD $145,000.00/Yr.
Keywords: Flatiron Construction Corp, Renton , Civil Superintendent, Other , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!