CDL Class A Truck Driver
Company: CAST Transportation
Posted on: November 12, 2021
CDL Class A Truck Driver(Local in Denver, Over the road in TN WA
Call (844) 495-6430 or Apply Online
Salary Range: HR - $24.00 - $28.00
MI - $0.48 - $0.59
This position is responsible for driving a diesel powered
tractor-trailer combination to transport and deliver products in
all weather conditions with safety being the first consideration
while performing the following essential functions and
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not
- Ability to safely drive a Class A Vehicle for up to 11 hours
per day to include a shift up to 14 hours and a weekly duty cycle
of up to 70 hours in an 8 day period.
- Observe all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, all state
regulations, CAST safe driving rules and procedures while driving
the commercial motor vehicle.
- Apply knowledge and skill in maneuvering the vehicle in
difficult places such as narrow passageways, mountain passes, and
off road job sites.
- Manage the loading and unloading of the trailer by direct
- Secure/unsecure loads by applying straps, chains and/or tarps
to the product and winching them down by hand before moving the
- Must have ability to throw securement devices (Straps and
Chains) and tarps over the load safely while avoiding injury or
damage to the product. These devices weigh from 20 lbs to 130
- Must be able to fold the tarps as needed for future use and
secure to the truck or on the trailer.
- Verify inventory and condition of all equipment before
- Inspect the truck, trailer and cargo before, after and when
required during trips for defects and cargo securement.
- Perform minor repairs on trucks or trailers to keep operable.
Some repairs include but is not limited to adjusting
- Must be able apply tire chains when weather requires.
- Must accurately and completely perform daily driver vehicle
inspection report (DVIR) through ELD device to indicate truck
and/or trailer condition.
- Must inspect the permit book during the pre-trip inspection to
verify proper permits are present and compliant with applicable
requirements. (This includes checking the expiration
- Must complete daily Electronic logging (ELD) to accurately
maintain hours of service records.
- Must accurately and thoroughly complete paperwork required for
each trip including but not limited to daily time sheet, bill of
lading, delivery receipt and log book if ELD is not
- Keep equipment washed and clean both inside and out.
- Perform additional duties deemed necessary by company
- Must be on time, every day that you are scheduled to work
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Complete billing information, collect fees for customers and
other paperwork required in completing the transaction.
- Maintain driver proficiency by keeping up with Local, State and
Federal regulations regarding the job and CDL position.
- Attend Company sponsored Safety Meetings and participate in
training sessions required by the Company.
- Keep physically fit for the level of effort required to perform
the essential functions of the job and the DOT medical requirements
to maintain CDL medical qualification standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily and safely; possess
a current Commercial Driver s License; pass a DOT physical, drug
screen and Fit for Duty test. The requirements listed below are
representative of the applicant s knowledge and skill, with or
without accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must have at least one-year recent verifiable driving experience
with Combination Class A equipment. Mountain experience is
preferred. Must have general knowledge of the Federal Regulations
CFR 49, as well as applicable State and Local Laws. Must have a
Class A CDL. Hazmat and Tanker endorsements are required.
Vocal and speaking capabilities are required to communicate
effectively. Ability to read, speak and write the English language
sufficiently and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and
Federal, State and Local Laws and Regulations. Able to read and
write common English and Numerical data as used on shipping
documents, maps, delivery instructions, addresses, etc.
LARGE MOTOR SKILLS:
- Driving: Adequate dexterity and eye/hand coordination to
control vehicle at all times.
- Sitting: Ability to complete round trip deliveries requiring a
full day s driving (up to 11 hours)
- Climbing: Ability to climb over, under, and around products
laden on trailer to inspect and secure each load. Ability to climb
in and out of tractor.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of objects weighing 20 to 130 pounds,
from the ground to the trailer or vice versa. Able to tarp/untarp
and chain/unchain loads.
- Push/Pull: Ability to push or pull to get product on or off the
trailer and pull 5th wheel pin
Adequately corrected vision and sufficient peripheral vision to
maintain safety of the vehicle at all times.
This includes passing the vision requirements of a DOT
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative while performing the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable the individual
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exposure To: cold, heat, noise, vibration, wind, irritants such as
vehicle exhaust diesel fumes, hydraulic fluids, etc...
Drivers are required to be well groomed and have a clean
You must be able to pass a DOT physical and Fit for Duty test
without restrictions. You must also be able to pass the Post Offer
Essential Functions Evaluation with or without accommodation.
Apply Online Below or Call (844) 495-6430
Keywords: CAST Transportation, Renton , CDL Class A Truck Driver, Professions , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!