Assembler Installer Electrical Systems B
Posted on: September 20, 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
Boeing Commercial Airlines has an exciting opportunity for an
Assembler Electrical Installer to assemble and install the critical
wiring and equipment that makes the aircraft function. This
position is located in either Renton or Everett, WA.
As a Assembler Electrical Installer you will work within a final
assembly environment by drawing on knowledge acquired from training
and certification classes to complete your daily assigned work. By
interpreting drawings and reading/comprehending work instructions
you will be responsible for identifying your work (task) location
on the airplane/part/tooling and identifying all required hand
tools, parts and equipment to accomplish defect-free work.
- Use a computer in a production environment.
- Look up/read/comprehend technical work instructions, drawings
- Route, clamp and tie various lengths of wire bundles following
specific wires paths as shown on drawings and install/connect
necessary equipment, ground studs, bonding straps and
- Install various assemblies as required such as: blankets,
seats, stowbins, floor panels etc.
- Appropriate protective clothing/equipment determined by the
task you are performing.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g., scissors
lifts, elevated work platforms).
- Various tools such as screwdrivers, power screwdriver, ratchet
wrench, nut runner, drills, wire cutters, wire crimps, soldering
gun and various other hand tools.
- Chemical solvents, sealants, coatings, primers, adhesives,
paints and special finishes.
- Once your work is completed per testing requirement you will
inspect your work for quality and check for FOD (Foreign Object
- Frequent (3-6 Hrs.) Handling (holding, grasping), Kneeling,
Sitting, Standing, Walking.
- Working around energized sources (electrical equipment and
hazards/shock, e.g. circuit breakers and wiring) and exposure to
- Flexion/extension (head bent down, head bent back), finger
manipulation, handling, kneeling, bending at the waist, reaching
(overhead), Lying down (back, side, front), rotation of head/neck,
standing, twisting at the waist, walking.
- Climbing/balancing (stairs, ladders, poles, scaffolding,
inclined surfaces), Crawling, Crouching (squatting).
- Lifting and carrying up to 10-35 pounds.
- Finger manipulation (keyboarding, other).
- Reading from a computer screen, printed drawings or documents.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate
will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.
"US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident,
refugee, or asylee
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience)
- Experience using software applications for internet navigation,
email, Microsoft Suite and/or other specialized computer
applications Preferred Qualifications
- 1+ years of reading blueprints and structural drawings.
- E nrolled in a Boeing partnered manufacturing related high
school or community and technology college academic program.
High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position is located in a location that does not offer
relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate
at their own expense.
This position is primarily for 2nd shift however other shifts may
be required to be filled from time to time.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective
Other Relevant Information & Requirements:
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must
submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the
eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing
employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Renton , Assembler Installer Electrical Systems B, Professions , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!