Senior Propulsion Structures Analyst
Posted on: September 21, 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
At Boeing, our engineers share a passion to redefine what's
possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting edge
technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative
environment, this opportunity is for you!
Join Boeing Production Engineering in building our next generation
of amazing products. Each day, you'll work alongside experts in
production, quality, design, and supply chain roles to guide
aircraft from design to delivery and beyond. Bring your ideas to
Boeing and help shape the future of aerospace manufacturing.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) Engineering is seeking highly
motivated Senior Propulsion Structural Analysts to perform detailed
structural analysis and to provide solutions to key challenges for
multiple programs in the Propulsion Structures organization. These
positions will be based in Puget Sound (Renton, WA and Everett WA)
though significant flexibility is available for remote working
given the current environment and the long-term vision for work
Propulsion Structures is a subset of the larger Structures
organization though it shares many of the same core skills such
- Understanding the airplane loading and environment including
applied loads, loads for initial Sizing and development, interface
Loads, and recognizes loads development groups and roles.
- Knows design, manufacturing, analysis and certification
- Supports structural configuration and sizing for product
development including initial program development, the layout and
detail Design Process.
- Develops free-body diagrams and understands load paths.
- Understands materials, specifications, allowables, and design
- Understands stress analysis processes including the initial
approach, execution and documentation.
- Conducts static strength analysis.
- Conducts durability (Fatigue) analysis.
- Conducts damage tolerance and fail-safety analysis (limited in
- Performs finite element analysis.
- Develops physical test requirements and uses test data
- Communicates, administers, and leads. Propulsion structures
focuses on the structure common to the engine such as the inlet,
cowling, thrust reverser, pylon, systems (fuel, hydraulic,
pneumatic), installation integration, and APU (auxiliary power
unit). This structure has specific requirements and methods so
previous propulsion analysis experience is highly desired. If you
have structures experience and are interested in expanding your
experience please apply.
This requisition is seeking to fill multiple positions for a number
of organizations including 737, 747, 767, 777, 777x, 777x
freighter, 787, P-8, and the B-52 CERP (commercial engine
replacement program). The majority of the positions will be for the
B-52 CERP, 777X, and the newly launched 777X Freighter.
- Leads development, integration and documentation of structural
requirements to establish the system design.
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by
using and developing analytical methods, finite element
models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product
lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics
- Leads development of test plans and configurations, supports
test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and
verify systems and components meet requirements and
- Defines and documents certification and test results to
substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that
requirements are satisfied.
- Supports in-service products by leading investigations into
failures and analyzing improvements.
- Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness,
quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Works under minimal direction.
- Ability to excel in a hybrid virtual / on-site environment in a
highly dynamic, team-oriented atmosphere. The position must meet
Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as
defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US
Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- 9 or more years' of experience in aircraft structures analysis
or 7 years with Masters Degree.
- Bachelors, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an
engineering (structural, mechanical, aerospace, or civil) course of
study. Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5 or more years' of experience working with finite element
models/simulations using NASTRAN/PATRAN, ABAQUS, Hypermesh.
- Experience with 3D modeling such as CATIA/ENOVIA for model
interrogation and verification.
- Experience with Boeing specific applications such IAS, CWS, SA
- Combination of Metallic and Composite experiences is
- Programming experience such as VBA, Python, and others. Typical
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced
technical education from an accredited course of study in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
(e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work
experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and
experience (e.g. PhD +4 years' related work experience, Master +7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- This position offers relocation based on candidate
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
our policies. Shift:
- This position is for 1st shift. Additional Information
- All information provided will be checked and may be
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence
before the end date. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Renton , Senior Propulsion Structures Analyst, Professions , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!