Freight Forwarding Supervisor
Company: OEC Group
Posted on: November 17, 2022
OEC Group offers competitive salary, a full benefits package,
opportunities for professional growth and so much more!
What we're looking for...
- Candidates with over 5-10 years of supervisory experience in
the freight forwarding and logistics industry.
- Proficient in MS Excel, strong organization, team leadership,
and communication skills.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight
forwarding companies. We provide our customers with import and
export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both
international and domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering
a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean and air
freight, rail, trucking, warehousing and distribution, customs
brokerage, cargo insurance and more.
About the Position Duties and responsibilities include the
following (other duties may be assigned):
- Oversee the daily operations of employees within the Traffic
and Customer Service Departments.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, other OEC offices, and
co-workers through a high volume of e-mails, phone calls and verbal
- Monitor reports daily on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all employees deliver accurate and timely billing
- Maintain strong and effective relationships with vendors
(shipping lines, trucking companies, etc.).
- Meet key performance indicators to manage the department,
branch, product and overall company goals.
- Report workflow progress to Upper Management on a frequent
- Enforce SOP's, KPI's, a nd troubleshooting any issues.
- Monitor overall performance to in order to evaluate and prepare
for periodic reviews for Department members.
- Provide feedback to employees on their progress and ensure that
all goals are met in a timely manner.
- Facilitate inter-department meetings to ensure that all
employees are meeting the customer's needs.
- Seattle Office 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree and or equivalent from two-year College or
technical school; or five to ten years of related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
$70,000-$80,000 annually based on education and experience
Perks & Benefits
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day
introductory period the employee is provided with the following
benefits package. This includes:
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental and
Vision) - Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation, Personal and Floating Days
- Biannual Performance Review with opportunities for mid-year
salary adjustment and year-end bonus (contingent upon company
financials and on-the job performances)
- 401K Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a
well-established company that is continually growing and looking
for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team
dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: OEC Group, Renton , Freight Forwarding Supervisor, Professions , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!