Senior Structures Analyst
Posted on: November 20, 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
We have many great opportunities at the Commercial Airplanes
Washington Design Center, as a Structural Analysis Engineer. Open
positions are available on many of our existing airplane programs.
Areas where you can continue to grow your career could include
Wing, Fuselage, Empennage, Doors, Propulsion Structures, and
Landing Gear. There are also positions in our Structures Core team
which support testing, internal loads, allowables development, and
The selected candidate will be required to perform work onsite in
either Everett or Renton, Washington.
Structures analysts can have any of the following
- Performs and leads detailed structural analysis to determine
structural integrity (margins of safety), using classical
techniques and Boeing tools.
- Develops, integrates and documents complex or unique structural
- Supports responses to customer inquiries, service bulletin
development, failure investigation, regulatory agency coordination
and to show compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Guides structural design and configuration development.
- Performs trade studies to optimize structure and meet program
- Develops, deploys, and supports in-house and commercial
application software to enable efficient performance of engineering
- Integrates component-level structural models and perform
integrated analysis, using finite element methods, to develop
internal loads and stresses in order to verify structural
- Documents structural analyses and data required to show
compliance with Boeing, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Leads resolution of technical, operational, and quality issues
that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Leads performance, integration and analysis of tests to
validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and
- Assists with investigation of emerging technologies to develop
concepts for future product designs to meet projected
- Works under minimal direction.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.
"US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident,
refugee, or asylum.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study related to Mechanical, Aeronautical /
Aerospace, Civil, Material Science (with composite focus), or
select Structures engineering degree is required.
- 9+ years of experience in the related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to
effectively communicate with leaders and colleagues in an
- Experience with durability and damage tolerance analysis.
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- Senior level of experience in analysis of metallic and/or
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft structure, materials strengths
and properties, design criteria, loading conditions, and
- Exercises engineering judgment in developing appropriate
decisions considering decision criteria, implications, and possible
consequences, to ensure product design integrity.
- Occasional travel may be required in support of the program and
customer. Typical Education/Experience: Bachelor, Master or
Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study
related to Mechanical, Aeronautical / Aerospace, Civil, Material
Science (with composite focus), or select Structures engineering
degree is required and typically 9 or more years' related work
experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and
experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience).
In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not
required, accreditation standard.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this position will
be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials
from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
our policies .
Shift Work Statement:
This position is First.
This is a Union represented position.
Referral to this job is eligible for a referral bonus, upon
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Renton , Senior Structures Analyst, Professions , Renton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!